UofA Hoops 2021-2022 - Ushering In the Tommy Lloyd Era

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't miss Miller
I'm not going to trash Sean but man is it great to watch up tempo basketball again. These guys get after it on D - on offense they run hard and they use the pass as a weapon. Love it.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Us UA fans have our own dedicated boards away from the ASU lovefest most of this board is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Great to see Lloyd getting program back on the positive side of the national spotlight now he needs to get UA back in them back in the elite recruiting game. Nice start with local product Dylan Anderson.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Great to see Lloyd getting program back on the positive side of the national spotlight now he needs to get UA back in them back in the elite recruiting game. Nice start with local product Dylan Anderson.

Lloyd better get some international guys in here because Anderson is the only commit

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Lloyd better get some international guys in here because Anderson is the only commit
They could land some grad transfers as well. Unfortunately the 2022 class is winding down and only about 20 kids in Top 150 remain unsigned and UA isn't on the radar for most of them. The real shame is there are a handful that are playing in state including the #4 overall player in the country. Hopefully, UA keeps winning and starts opening eyes. I look at what Penny and Juwan are doing for their alma maters in terms of bringing in recruits and am just in awe how they have no coaching accolades but kids are flocking to Memphis and Michigan.

TJ

International Whisperer
Reaction score
If Lloyd continues to boat race teams and drop a hunnit on the regular, recruits will line up to sign with Arizona again

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I think the top 3 teams in the conference alphabetically are Arizona, UCLA and USC. I had WSU in there too but they just had a bad loss.

UA's starting 5 is as good as just about anybody the question is the bench and if Kriisa holds up defensively at PG. Offensively they are really good and so far the overall defense looks good. USC looks right now to be really good although they haven't played anybody that great except San Diego State and they're pretty good not great this year. UCLA looked good until the flu bug hit the team, 3 straight bad games concluding with the Gonzaga blowout loss. They are past the flu now and might get Riley back soon. I figure that's the top 3. Oregon is a colossal disappointment so far

Early but Lloyd is a leading candidate if not the leading candidate for COTY so far. Colorado and Utah early surprises but schedules iffy.