Under the radar topic: Drake fumbling

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think of Drake fumbling two times within 3 plays? It seems to have been swept under the rug a bit with the Cards winning and recovering both fumbles. KK didn't even yank him out of the game that much either...

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
What does everyone think of Drake fumbling two times within 3 plays? It seems to have been swept under the rug a bit with the Cards winning and recovering both fumbles. KK didn't even yank him out of the game that much either...
It seems like he fumbles really easily, like he’s holding the ball too loosely. I actually am getting to the point where I cringe when he runs up the middle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If these were extra effort fumbles trying to get more yards I would be more forgiving. They didn't seem like these type of fumbles not that any fumbles are good.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is funny is Drake pulled himself out. He knew he needed to reset mentally as he was trying to do too much.

They did talk about this on the local radio show. They were laughing about Drake motioning to the sideline like "Hey guys - I suck at holding onto the ball right now. Get me out of here !!"

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fumble is not an issue for him
He had just one fumble during the season before the giants game
He just tried to do too much
Respect for the kid
He missed a game and he is on pace for over 1000 yards and over 10tds

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The fact he fumbled so quickly within that span of time suggests to me it's not his typical self. I was actually surprised when he did fumble because I do not remember him being a liability carrying the ball. Hopefully it does not get in his head like it apparently did with Zeke Elliot, and maybe he had an injury like a tweaked nerve which prompted those momentarily... though I do not like when Kyler does his Terry Metcalf impersonation

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe it is just Kliff's entire philosophy as a players coach to allow failure and over with little change. At times he is rewarded, like Drake following it up with a big run and at times you cost us multiple games ala Gonzalez.

It's probably why he keeps going for it on 4th and goal despite it costing the team already in the past. He trusts the person / players to execute, even if they haven't before.

It's surprising since he cut his teeth under Belichik

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe it is just Kliff's entire philosophy as a players coach to allow failure and over with little change. At times he is rewarded, like Drake following it up with a big run and at times you cost us multiple games ala Gonzalez.

It's probably why he keeps going for it on 4th and goal despite it costing the team already in the past. He trusts the person / players to execute, even if they haven't before.

I would argue it makes sense. Bill is about do your job and results happen. Kliff is essentially saying that he is trusting his players by giving them opportunity to do their job and execute. It is not a shock that the players seem to buy into him because he is giving them opportunities to prove themselves.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would argue it makes sense. Bill is about do your job and results happen. Kliff is essentially saying that he is trusting his players by giving them opportunity to do their job and execute. It is not a shock that the players seem to buy into him because he is giving them opportunities to prove themselves.

Yeah but if you fumble twice in a game under Bill B you might not play the rest of the year.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That philosophy doesn't explain why Simmons saw his playing time drastically cut after week 1. Maybe Vance has more control of the defense personnel in that scenario...

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good counter point. It could also be he treats rookies different.
That could be some overarching front office decision. Arians, Wilks, even KK doesn't seem to play rookies. Definitely an interesting discussion.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could be some overarching front office decision. Arians, Wilks, even KK doesn't seem to play rookies. Definitely an interesting discussion.

Steve Keim talking about rookie impact

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How not to hold the ball when running :)

Except for the GOAT:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Except for the GOAT: