U of A vs WSU

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Cats looking pretty good right now 20-7. It seems they have found their running back too.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
34-20 now! Offense looks good, defense is still disappointing.

Make it 42-20. The offense is so much better than the past few years. The defense has been disappointing but they are showing signs of improvement. The Cats have so many talented young players. Gronk is showing why he was one of the top tight ends in high school. The guy reminds me of Mark Bavaro.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Damn, Tui is blowing up tonight! 22/31 for 345 yds and 5 TD's with 0 INT's. :notworthy

Props to Nicholas Grigsby as well, 30 carries for 186 yds. :thumbup:

48-20.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the Cats.

What's the deal with Grigsby? Where did he come from? Is he benefiting from draw plays out of the shot gun spread or is he earning his yards the old-fashioned way between the tackles in tight formations?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to the Cats.

What's the deal with Grigsby? Where did he come from? Is he benefiting from draw plays out of the shot gun spread or is he earning his yards the old-fashioned way between the tackles in tight formations?

He is a true freshman who was a four star running back out of high school. He is quick and elusive with great speed. He was able to run inside and outside, plus he has good hands and was able to catch quite a few passes, including one for a touchdown. There are not many linebackers who will be able to cover him.

The Cats did not line up in the shotgun all the time. They gave many different looks. It's weird seeing the UofA with a pretty good offense, but Washington State does not have a good defense.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well, this was certainly one of the few games Mike Stoops has ever coached that I agreed with him on most of his decisions. Especially the benching of unproductive veterans (that would be you Louis Holmes, Wilrey Fontenot, and Chris Jennings) in favor of younger talent. Of course, beating a bad Wazzu team isn't much of an accomplishment but the Sonny Dykes hire has paid dividends thus far. The 20 points the defense allowed would have been too much for a Mike Canales O.

We'll see what this team can do next week, if there's been one consistent thing in the Stoops Era it's been curious losses to poor teams following statement wins. And Oregon State is a bad football team.

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Well, this was certainly one of the few games Mike Stoops has ever coached that I agreed with him on most of his decisions. Especially the benching of unproductive veterans (that would be you Louis Holmes, Wilrey Fontenot, and Chris Jennings) in favor of younger talent. Of course, beating a bad Wazzu team isn't much of an accomplishment but the Sonny Dykes hire has paid dividends thus far. The 20 points the defense allowed would have been too much for a Mike Canales O.

We'll see what this team can do next week, if there's been one consistent thing in the Stoops Era it's been curious losses to poor teams following statement wins. And Oregon State is a bad football team.

I think the Cats deserve a little more credit. Any Pac-10 win is important. I just hope the defense get things going.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was actually quite stunned when I saw that final score. I had no idea we would win this game by that much, let alone win the game at all.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We'll see what this team can do next week, if there's been one consistent thing in the Stoops Era it's been curious losses to poor teams following statement wins.
Hmm...

Arizona Football will not get one dollar from me next year if one of Jim Livengood or Mike Stoops is not out of a job. Yeah, we'll still have basketball but the rest of the Pac-10 and especially ASU is leaving us in the dust in nearly every football-related aspect of the athletic department. Time to get things back on track; it is possible to have a successful football program at Arizona. I've seen it with my own eyes.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Is it softball season yet?

Not to worry, hoops starts in 30 days and we should actually play defense this year.

And then of course we have the football head coach and athletic director search to monitor which will be interesting. Not to mention a lot of the vets will likely be benched in upcoming weeks giving way to youth. Plenty of interesting things going on in Wildcat Land, they're just not what we had hoped for.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose