Oct. 27, 2007 at Washington
Nov. 3, 2007 UCLA (ABC)
Nov. 15, 2007 Oregon (ESPN)
Dec. 1, 2007 at Arizona State (ESPN2)

the Rats Bowl Game wont be seen cuz there not going to one :D

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You'd think the fans of an "elite" program would have bigger fish to fry than the laughingstock of the conference. But I guess when you're a marginal Pac-10 team you have to laugh at the scrubs like UofA, just like the fans of real programs laugh at ASU.

And Mike Stoops sucks, don't say I didn't warn you guys. Thankfully I probably won't have to live through his juvenile tantrums and incompetent coaching past this December. The only problem is the same athletic director who ruined the football and baseball program after inheriting Lute and Mike Candrea will be making the decision.

Last edited:

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
And Mike Stoops sucks, don't say I didn't warn you guys. Thankfully I probably won't have to live through his juvenile tantrums and incompetent coaching past this December. The only problem is the same athletic director who ruined the football and baseball program after inheriting Lute and Mike Candrea will be making the decision.

Don't say we didn't warn YOU...Good point about the A.D.

How's recruiting going right now? Was it you or someone else that said that Robinson was a "solid commit"?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Actually, how did the current athletic director ruin the football program? I was never aware that they even had an average football program...Out of all the Big 10/11 and Pac 10 schools, how many have never played in a Rose Bowl?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Do we really have to go over this again? I haven't been in Stoops' corner for years now, just ask anyone on this board. And Livengood came in during early 90's while UA was winning seven or more in football almost about every year and watched as the program gradually fell from an above average one to mediocre during the Tomey years. Arizona from the early 80's through 1995 wasn't a great program by any stretch of the imagination, but they beat ASU and occasionally some ranked teams and played competitive football. Anyone with a brain that was around then regardless of affiliation will admit that. Livengood then supposedly allowed some within the athletic department to pressure Tomey into going after a more high-powered offensive scheme despite that going against everything DT stood for. Tomey left or was forced out, then he hired Mackovic and Stoops and here we are. And that's not going into his attempted meddling into the hoops program whose success he has nothing to do with.

Recruiting this year will depend on who gets hired and when. I didn't expect too many wins this season so I knew the offseason momentum would not last. Stoops simply can't sell rebuilding, playing time, or job security any more.

Last edited:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Do we really have to go over this again? I haven't been in Stoops' corner for years now, just ask anyone on this board. And Livengood came in during early 90's while UA was winning seven or more in football almost about every year and watched as the program gradually fell from an above average one to mediocre during the Tomey years. Arizona from the early 80's through 1995 wasn't a great program by any stretch of the imagination, but they beat ASU and occasionally some ranked teams and played competitive football. Anyone with a brain that was around then regardless of affiliation will admit that. Livengood then supposedly allowed some within the athletic department to pressure Tomey into going after a more high-powered offensive scheme despite that going against everything DT stood for. Tomey left or was forced out, then he hired Mackovic and Stoops and here we are. And that's not going into his attempted meddling into the hoops program whose success he has nothing to do with.

Recruiting this year will depend on who gets hired and when. I didn't expect too many wins this season so I knew the offseason momentum would not last. Stoops simply can't sell rebuilding, playing time, or job security any more.

I don't think I have ever met a AU fan that was so grounded in reality, you must never listen to talk radio or read Tucson papers because Joesph Goebbels could have taken propaganda classes from those guys.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Speaking of reality, I cant see Stoops being canned after this season. We would have to pay him way too much money to get out of that contract, not to mention the new head coach. Stoops will have next year as his do or die season. While he and his coaching staff can recruit, the results from coaching arent showing up ion the field.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of reality, I cant see Stoops being canned after this season. We would have to pay him way too much money to get out of that contract, not to mention the new head coach. Stoops will have next year as his do or die season. While he and his coaching staff can recruit, the results from coaching arent showing up ion the field.

How much do you think you could get for Delashaun Dean's new house and Cadillac? That might help pay for some change.

(Kidding, of course)

This is how Delashaun rolls

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave