U of A Football - 2019

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
What happened to Tate's career? I don't really follow UofA football at all and haven't seen what caused his downfall. He seemed like a world beater a few years ago and had me worried as an ASU guy.

We are wondering the same thing my friend. Good win tonight

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
We are wondering the same thing my friend. Good win tonight

Ok, so it sounds like his game disappeared. I hadn't known if it was due to injury or something like that. I don't know if it's just my memory, but I thought he looked a bit bulked up tonight from what I remember from previous seasons. I've always felt that over doing it in the gym can hurt you a bit too. Too much bulk seems to slow some guys down, like DJ.

Thanks, first half had a bit of a Oregon hangover feel but it came together in the 2nd half.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Ok, so it sounds like his game disappeared. I hadn't known if it was due to injury or something like that. I don't know if it's just my memory, but I thought he looked a bit bulked up tonight from what I remember from previous seasons. I've always felt that over doing it in the gym can hurt you a bit too. Too much bulk seems to slow some guys down, like DJ.

Thanks, first half had a bit of a Oregon hangover feel but it came together in the 2nd half.

He had some injuries but His coach messed him up. I almost drove up to the game tonight with friends and we all decided it would be a bad idea. Good decision by us

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sumlin was destined to fail here the moment he decided to force Tate to be a pocket passer.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sumlin was destined to fail here the moment he decided to force Tate to be a pocket passer.

Mazzone’s offense and Tate are oil and water. You could see that from the BYU game starting out last season. For the record Tate deserved a lot of blame. He passes up easy opportunities to run yet still makes freshman mistakes as a Sr.

Im glad I don’t have to think about it anymore.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chris Peterson just resigned from his position at Washington. We need to put a full court press on him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Chris Peterson just resigned from his position at Washington. We need to put a full court press on him.

Why Peterson when we can poach Saban or Dabo?

No semi big shot would come here with the current state of the program from a stadium/facilities/money/tradition/AD aspect. It will need to be a up and comer who sees it as a stepping stone type job.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Mike Norvell?

Or will UArizona be too low for him?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
But RichRod did... ;)

The allegation against RichRod at UofA has so many holes that it's almost a non-starter. That suit is dying a slow death. Obviously, perception would screw RichRod if he were to pursue another high-level job, but aside from being an cornholio, he doesnt have many skeletons in his closet.

As for Norvell, he's been up for a few SEC jobs the past couple of seasons, but failed the background check each time. He may be stuck at his current employer for a little while.

EDIT: I guess FSU decided to forego the background check process. Apparently, when you lose a lot in Tallahassee, the professional standards for its coach go out the window.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The allegation against RichRod at UofA has so many holes that it's almost a non-starter. That suit is dying a slow death. Obviously, perception would screw RichRod if he were to pursue another high-level job, but aside from being an *******, he doesnt have many skeletons in his closet.

As for Norvell, he's been up for a few SEC jobs the past couple of seasons, but failed the background check each time. He may be stuck at his current employer for a little while.

Rich Rod was a jerk but a good coach. As far as character goes with Dick Tomey being a 10 and Bobby Petrino being a 1, I would rate Rich Rod as a 4. Stoops was actually worse in every way. But we are where we are. I support Sumlin for another season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Absolute joke of a hire at defensive coordinator. Should have fired Sumlin when they had the chance.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Im fine with Rhoads. Players who’ve played with him love him and he was UCLA’s best recruiter. I see no downside in hiring him

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im fine with Rhoads. Players who’ve played with him love him and he was UCLA’s best recruiter. I see no downside in hiring him

Except that his defenses have been bottom of the barrel for the past decade...