Two and a Half Men (CBS)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of liked it. Let's be honest it's a huge change so it'll take getting used to.

I spent the first 10 minutes waiting for them to "wake up" and say Alan was dreaming about the first part but once I realized that wasn't happening, it went well.

We'll see how it plays out.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't laugh once, though I normally don't laugh at this show. They spent the 1st half of the episode pissing on Charlie Sheen. Get past it. Can't stand the stupid laugh track and it was more pronounced in this episode.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Didn't laugh once, though I normally don't laugh at this show. They spent the 1st half of the episode pissing on Charlie Sheen. Get past it. Can't stand the stupid laugh track and it was more pronounced in this episode.

It's not one of those belly-laughing shows - it's more subtle humor with a play on words and lots of innuendos.

That episode where Jake learns how to bake muffins (used as a metaphor for masturbation) was classic! Charlie's line "and if that doesn't work, you can always shell some bucks for a couple of ho-hos" was great.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
It's not one of those belly-laughing shows - it's more subtle humor with a play on words and lots of innuendos.

That episode where Jake learns how to bake muffins (used as a metaphor for masturbation) was classic! Charlie's line "and if that doesn't work, you can always shell some bucks for a couple of ho-hos" was great.

It is absolutely not a subtle humor show. They try to get the belly laughs, hence the laugh track at every single line. The show is based on trying to get away with as much as possible and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think they are just lazy. Take South Park as an example. I know they aren't similar shows but similar style where it is a shock value. South Park actually takes the time to set things up and tries to use all that time you invested to make the joke pay off. In Two and a Half Men they just throw a barrage of things at you and hope something sticks. Everyone once in a while it hits and it is funnier than hell but more often than not it isn't funny. Add in a laugh track where they are trying to tell you where to laugh, it gets painful very quickly.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was OK. It will be interesting to see how it goes. There were some funny parts of the show but I am not completely sold on AK. You can see how they are making some of his character traits the same as Charlie but with Waldon not being an ass.

What made Charlie's character so great was he was crass, rude and unrelenting with his family. I don't see Waldon doing any of that which will be a fundamental shift for me in terms of the show.

I will tell you in a couple more episodes if I am sticking around.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i never really got the appeal of this show ..... most of the jokes were painful misses and I agree that there was never really a setup or payoff .... there was no build up, etc

it was just throwing out similar scenarios time and again and the same basic jokes

there are better shows that provide more interesting "d-jokes"

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never really got the appeal of this show ..... most of the jokes were painful misses and I agree that there was never really a setup or payoff .... there was no build up, etc

it was just throwing out similar scenarios time and again and the same basic jokes

there are better shows that provide more interesting "d-jokes"

:yeahthat:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Charlie Sheen returning to ‘Two and a Half Men’?

http://pagesix.com/2015/01/17/is-charlie-sheen-returning-to-two-and-a-half-men/

His character was killed off in dramatic circumstances but rumors are swirling around that Charlie Sheen may return to Two and a Half Men for its final episode.

RadarOnline reports that at a press conference this week Lorre was full of praise for Sheen, who was the highest paid actor on TV for his role in the sitcom.

“It would be inappropriate not to acknowledge our success with Charlie and how grateful I am and we are,” he said. “I have nothing but good feelings for those eight-and-a-half years.”

“The show has morphed into something else entirely for the last four years to something we love,” Lorre said. “How to honour both is the challenge of this finale, and the other challenge [is] how to get people to watch it without telling them what it is.

“I think you will be very, very pleased with the finale and that’s all I’m going to say about it,” he said.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is they either they say Charlie faked his death or it's a dream sequence of some sort. I think it would be hilarious if Charlie faked his death to get away from Allen.

Having said that, there is no love lost between Sheen and Lorre so I bet it turns out to be some lame nod. I don't blame Lorre one bit though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody see the finale? I wasn't far off about Charlie. Actually the wife and I really liked the finale until the end. Chuck Lorre screwed the pooch. What a monumentally stupid ending with the piano. It basically was a jokes on you to Sheen for the most part of the entire finale.

I had read that Lore was looking for a way to honor the character for the fans but it didn't really feel like that to us. It felt like more of let met get some last digs in on Charlie Sheen on the way out. Although I supported Sheen going this episode felt childish on Lorre's part. Like he couldn't let it go.

Many fans are beyond pissed at Chuck Lorre. The last 30 seconds just about ruined the finale for us. His lame explanation was they offered him a part but he didn't find dropping a piano on his head funny.

Well duh! I sided with Lorre on letting Sheen go but I am with the fans saying FU to Lorre for the last 30 seconds.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Worst actor replacement in the history of television.

Yeah, seems like an odd choice. Wife and I started this show several years ago and lost interest around season 4. We just recently picked it back up. Still on season 4 and not sure when Kutcher takes over, but not looking forward to it.