Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I read they were trying to talk Hugh Grant into taking the part. That would have been a really good get. I rarely watch the show but if Hugh was in it I would probably have checked out the first episode back. With Ashton, why bother?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will give it a shot. This show is one of my favorites on TV. I was ready for Charlie to go away after his meltdown. I don't remember the last time I have soured on an actor so fast. He absolutely alienated me as a fan of his.

His character was the show IMO but I am willing to see what they can do with it.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
IMO they would have to pose Ashton as the bastard son who recieves the house after charlie passes away in a tragic accident that will either involve drinking or dying while having sex. That way they can keep the setting in malibu and still have the dynamic of Allan just being the houseguest who has overstayed his welcome.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
It's going to be a big challenge to make that show work with Ashton. He and Charlie Sheen are two different types of comedic actors.

Sheen made that show with the dry subtle humor and great timing in delivering the well written lines. Kutcher's style is more silly and slapstick, and more physical. His comedic strengths differ from the tone of the show.

Either they will have to write the show a little differently to play to Ashton or he will have to hone is acting abilities to match the sophistication of the way the show is written now.

I just don't see it as his type of role/show, but I am hoping for the best. Sheen was way past the point of no return.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't watch the show much, but now that it's in syndication I occasionally catch one here and there. I don't hate it.
It's going to be a big challenge to make that show work with Ashton. He and Charlie Sheen are two different types of comedic actors.

That's exactly how I feel about it; seems like a strange choice. Kutcher seems like a pretty good, likable guy...if not a little goofy. How hard is it to find a cad in hollywood?

Hugh Grant would have been terrific to step into the role as currently written.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us see how it works out. I wouldn't have cast Doogie Howser as a womanizing cad in How I Met Your Mother, but Neil Patrick Harris is great in that role.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kutcher was a womanizing cad in Spread, but it most definitely wasn't a comedic role.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the rumors...it sounds like this is the way things will go:

The episode will reportedly open with a memorial service attended by many of Charlie’s girlfriends and that his beachfront property will subsequently go up for sale. Potential buyers will include real-life celebrities and stars from Lorre’s other shows, and that Kutcher’s character will also tour the property. We can pretty much put two-and-two together from here: Kutcher snatches it up, Alan and Jake beg to stay, and mayhem resumes!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/01/two-and-a-half-men-killing-charlie/

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/the...sa-harper-for-sale-harpers-girlfrinds-return/

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The episode will reportedly open with a memorial service attended by many of Charlie’s girlfriends and that his beachfront property will subsequently go up for sale. Potential buyers will include real-life celebrities and stars from Lorre’s other shows, and that Kutcher’s character will also tour the property. We can pretty much put two-and-two together from here: Kutcher snatches it up, Alan and Jake beg to stay, and mayhem resumes!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/the...sa-harper-for-sale-harpers-girlfrinds-return/

Eh.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

huh jeeze. :thud:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huh jeeze. :thud:

the only way they could give Charlie any more of a FU here is if at the funeral, there's a gag where someone's dog pisses on his grave.

Now THAT would be funny.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the only way they could give Charlie any more of a FU here is if at the funeral, there's a gag where someone's dog pisses on his grave.

Now THAT would be funny.

I'd watch if they off him David Carradine style.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Hmmm ... and why would Kutchner's character allow 2 strangers/free loaders to stay in his new house?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now THAT would be funny.

How about casting his Goddesses and having them show up drunk and happy to the funeral? A lot of people might not get the message but it would definitely strike a chord with Charlie. It wouldn't be as funny as the dog pissing on the grave but if there's anybody that deserves a mean, cheap shot here, it's Sheen.

Steve

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/08/05/ashton-kutcher’s-role-on-two-and-a-half-men-revealed/

Ashton Kutcher will be Walden Schmidt. An internet billionaire with a broken heart.

So I read producers considered other ideas like Charlie just deciding to take off in a foreign country with some girl and another idea where his plane would go down somewhere but never found the plane.

However, Chuck Lorre wanted to make sure there was zero chance of them ever bringing the character back so his death it was.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
So I read producers considered other ideas like Charlie just deciding to take off in a foreign country with some girl and another idea where his plane would go down somewhere but never found the plane.

However, Chuck Lorre wanted to make sure there was zero chance of them ever bringing the character back so his death it was.
Well, there's never really a zero chance unless Charlie Sheen himself were dead.

They can always bring him back and say it was a dream or an elaborate scheme to fake his death. Creative writers can do almost anything.

Remember back in the 80s on Dallas they brought back Bobby Ewing after he had been shot and killed on the show. Was just a dream....

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there's never really a zero chance unless Charlie Sheen himself were dead.

They can always bring him back and say it was a dream or an elaborate scheme to fake his death. Creative writers can do almost anything.

Remember back in the 80s on Dallas they brought back Bobby Ewing after he had been shot and killed on the show. Was just a dream....

It's not a matter of if they could do it really. It's a matter of Chuck Lorre wanting to close that door as much as possible so fans don't expect him to ever come back. IMO as long as Chuck Lorre is part of the show it won't happen.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Too early to tell. All the special guests took up the first half of the show. No Jake/Walden mixing it up yet.

Though the bringing of the two girls was hilarious.

And I don't get why Jenny McCarthy's character was pissed at Charlie. Wasn't she a con man that tried to steal his and his mother's money?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Walden's character is totally different than Charlie (more of loveable dork) but I think the chemistry will work well.

Why did they have to digitize the nudity??? :)