trying to get on the same page re: Goran Dragic

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, I don't see it at all.

I think this dude is just a new face who doesn't have a feel for the board yet. He seems friendly to me.
Yeah I see no hidden agenda just a lack of familiarity with the forum.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I see no hidden agenda just a lack of familiarity with the forum.

I've been here over 10 years now and I am one of the "newer" ones, especially among the Suns fans. New posters with a different style stand out like a sore thumb, it is what it is. Pretty sure when I first showed up, during a time when the Cardinals and Suns both we're circling the drain, I was so negative that I probably am still on a few people's ignore list. Especially on the Cards forum where I was a real "1Sun" when it came to Kevin Kolb.

Speaking of... I really need to update my avatar.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been here over 10 years now and I am one of the "newer" ones, especially among the Suns fans. New posters with a different style stand out like a sore thumb, it is what it is. Pretty sure when I first showed up, during a time when the Cardinals and Suns both we're circling the drain, I was so negative that I probably am still on a few people's ignore list. Especially on the Cards forum where I was a real "1Sun" when it came to Kevin Kolb.

Speaking of... I really need to update my avatar.
And you had the misfortune of having Beasley appear on the Suns roster while the Kolb trade was still reasonably fresh. But you were never a 1Sun. He had an agenda and did not believe everything he posted.

He once let slip that he was trying to drive us away from being Suns fans so the organization would lose money and dump Sarver. We've all had fantasies about getting rid of Robert but a fan forum isn't the place to do it.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
And you had the misfortune of having Beasley appear on the Suns roster while the Kolb trade was still reasonably fresh. But you were never a 1Sun. He had an agenda and did not believe everything he posted.

He once let slip that he was trying to drive us away from being Suns fans so the organization would lose money and dump Sarver. We've all had fantasies about getting rid of Robert but a fan forum isn't the place to do it.
Kolb? I don't know that name. Is that a player acquired (or drafted) and traded in the years since I left fanhood (2016)?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kolb? I don't know that name. Is that a player acquired (or drafted) and traded in the years since I left fanhood (2016)?
Nah, quite a few of us are also Arizona Cardinals fans - he was a QB that we traded for but never panned out. Most of us were skeptical but hopeful, Phrazbit was ahead of the curve by being adamantly opposed to him and then later to the Suns acquisition of Michael Beasley. He was right on both counts but he's been wrong on everything else since then. (that's a joke)

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Since I will never again start a thread, here is a related idea on the same thread about the Dragic-Bledsoe team. Since people have educated me on how Goran Dragic was a jerk (not that I cared whether he was a nice person), I can't be sure whether such a seemingly self-absorbed man was even the emotional leader of his team. I have long suspected that the heart and soul of the group, that almost pushed it to the playoffs in 2014 out of sheer energy and enthusiasm, was actually Gerald Green; and management made another big mistake by dropping Green (because his play had dropped off, don'cha know). Dumping a player because "what have they done for me recently?!" is the kind of short-sighted decision I could associate with Suns management in that era.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I will never again start a thread, here is a related idea on the same thread about the Dragic-Bledsoe team. Since people have educated me on how Goran Dragic was a jerk (not that I cared whether he was a nice person), I can't be sure whether such a seemingly self-absorbed man was even the emotional leader of his team. I have long suspected that the real heart and soul the group, that almost pushed it to the playoffs in 2014, was actually Gerald Green; and management made another big mistake by dropping Green (because his play had dropped off, don'cha know). Dumping a player because "what have they done for me recently?!" is the kind of short-sighted decision I could associate with Suns management in that era.
I have a problem with the way Goran handled his business at the end of each of his 2 stays here but I don't think he's a jerk. I believe, like Dice, he was influenced by others and ultimately did what he thought was best for himself.

It wouldn't have surprised me to have him retire as a long time Suns favorite had it not been for the son of one of his Euro agents (who'd been pushing him to demand a trade to some place like LA) and if it hadn't been for his new wife wanting life in a more socially relevant city. Plus he had the pressure of needing to be viewed as the focal point of the team in order to secure the payday he wanted.

But I think he was the leader of that team, at least more so than Green. If there was another leader, it was probably Channing Frye.

I forget the exact issue but Green did something that soured management against him. I'm sure someone will recall what I'm speaking about, anyway it didn't go down the way you seem to believe it did.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
And why did Dragon return here from the Houston Rocks? Was it only the money?

I never did assume it meant he was loyal, I just understandably appreciated it.

Of course the reason anyone particularly likes him in the first place is mainly because he shredded the Spurs in 2010.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why did Dragon return here from the Houston Rocks? Was it only the money?

I never did assume it meant he was loyal, I just understandably appreciated it.

Of course the reason anyone particularly likes him in the first place is mainly because he shredded the Spurs in 2010.
He was already a fan favorite but yeah, that great playoff performance against the Spurs really helped. As I recall, Sarver recruited him back to Phoenix.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave