Trump vows mass immigration arrests, removals of ‘millions of illegal aliens’ starting next week

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Town Drunk, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

2. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Oh yes. Nothing screams freedom from oppression like rounding up the most vulnerable people by the millions.

Maybe we should round them up and put them in centralized places - like city slums. I wonder what we would call those places...?

UncleChris likes this.
  3. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

I think I read they’re reusing one of the Japanese internment camps from WWII already.

4. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

5. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

And maybe just to keep better track of them we should barcode them? Wait no tattoo, maybe a brand?

But Russ they're illegal what's wrong with you, taking help from a foreign hostile power and obstruction of justice is illegal too. Maybe we should deport Trump back to Germany where he thinks his father was born.

LVG likes this.
  6. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Seems ICE is pissed about this announcement of their surprise initiative.

Anyone think Trump would have sent out a tweet warning OBL before the ST6 strike in Pakistan to simply brag about his great plan?

cardncubfan and Russ Smith like this.
  7. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Barcodes are just if they don't comply. Otherwise, I think we just make them wear a patch of some sort so they can be easily identified.

8. Russ Smith

I actually wonder what is the legal implication of somehow "marking" people to track them if they're not citizens? That is, does the United States have the right to "tag" someone who isn't a US citizen and is being deported back to their own country? I don't know the answer I just think it's only a matter of time before someone in the administration will come up with that idea if they don't already have it so they should probably know in advance if it's legal or not.

I get why Trump wants to do this, make a big spectacle out of it to rally the base. And then assume that many of the people they remove, are going to try and come back so he can claim again it's a crisis at the border we need a wall.

9. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Maybe he’s just trying to trade in his wife for a newer model.

UncleChris and Russ Smith like this.
  10. Russ Smith

I had to look it up I couldn't remember her name but remember Trump asked for federal charges to be brought against Libby Schaaf when she publicly announced a planned ICE raid in Oakland? Schaaf was the mayor of Oakland and Trump said her announcing it put the lives of agents charged with deportation in jeopardy. And he announced it on Twitter they were going after millions.

For the record, Obama did this twice, but they did it with hundreds not "millions" and they were targeted, as LVG said they went after people who'd already had an asylum hearing, been rejected, and had not complied and returned to their home country.

This plan was first tossed around a year ago but Kirsten Nielsen said it was almost impossible to execute because it wasn't economically feasible to do on the scale the administration wanted. So Trump hired a guy who was supportive of the plan.