Trump to Impose Sweeping Steel and Aluminum Tariffs

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Joe L, Mar 2, 2018.

1. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Why continue this charade? I have it on good authority that you clearly are not a small businessman. :nono:

cardncubfan and Linderbee like this.
  2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Interesting. I heard the service guy tell his boss on the phone they could NOT clamp the broken spring for some reason but I have no idea why.

I just thought it was an interesting unintended consequence, they're losing business on oil changes because of Trumps tariffs.

3. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

As I remarked to @Kel Varnsen , it's easy to see why everyone hates you!!!

#freakingPuckhead

Kel Varnsen likes this.
  4. MrYeahbut

We're way off topic so I'll let it go after this.... when the spring is broken too close to
    the cone (end of the spring) there's no room to fit the clamp on.

This pic shows one that barely has enough room to fit it on.

download.jpg

Russ Smith likes this.
  5. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Japan and the European Union have signed a massive trade deal that creates an open trade zone for more than 600 million people. The EU and Japan account for approximately one-third of GDP worldwide.

The deal has been in the works for years, but the parties reached an agreement in principle several months after President Trump pulled the United States out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a major trade deal with Japan and 10 other nations.

At a EU-Japan summit Tuesday in Tokyo, the envoys were clear that the agreement was intended to send a message about the value of trade and cooperation.

"The document we signed today is much more than a trade agreement," said European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker. "What we're saying is that we believe in open, fair and rules-based trade. What we are saying is that a trade agreement is not a zero sum game, but a win-win for the involved parties."

[...]

The European Union hailed the trade deal with Japan as the largest it has ever negotiated.

"We are sending a strong signal to the world that two of its biggest economies still believe in open trade, opposing both unilateralism and protectionism," said EU Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmström.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/6297...ionism-eu-and-japan-sign-huge-open-trade-deal

6. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Trump is letting everyone else fill the vacuum he created, leaving our workers left holding the bag. It's Hoover blankets 2.0.

7. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

:D

8. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

What an idiot. He's not playing with "the bank's money", he's playing with American's jobs, houses, healthcare, and retirement

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump says stock market gains since election give him opportunity to wage a trade war: 'We’re playing with the bank's money'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/20/trump-were-playing-with-the-banks-money-on-markets-gain-since-el.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

President Donald Trump said the stock market rally since his election victory gives him the opportunity to be more aggressive in his trade war with China and other countries.

“This is the time. You know the expression we’re playing with the bank’s money,” he told CNBC's Joe Kernen in a “Squawk Box” interview aired Friday.

The president added the market would likely be much higher if he didn’t escalate the trade issues with China and the rest of the world.

“We are being taking advantage of and I don’t like it,” he said. “I would have a higher stock market right now … It could be 80 percent [since the election] if I didn’t want to do this.”

9. MrYeahbut

genie.jpg

10. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

One of my customers manufactures recycling bins, the ones you roll out to the curb. They are reducing production because a lot of the recycling programs are cutting back because of the tariffs. Apparently we send a lot of our recycling over to China. They did run 7 days a week & they are cutting back to 5.

11. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

Aluminum and Vanadium prices have gone up and is having an impact on the titanium market. Ti 6-4 is about 75% of what my company pours in its castings.

12. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  13. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

14. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Over and over you read that, so and so is not clear what the US actually wants because they are told X by one person and then Trump does Y.

He's so impulsive, you can't govern a country like that, you can't deal with other countries by being that way.

LVG likes this.
  15. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Welfare queens!