Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trouble with the Curve

Release Date: September 21, 2012
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Robert Lorenz
Screenwriter: Randy Brown
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language, sexual references, some thematic material and smoking)

Starring: Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Robert Patrick, Matthew Lillard, Scott Eastwood, Joe Massingill

Plot Summary: Gus Lobel (Clint Eastwood) has been one of the best scouts in baseball for decades, but, despite his efforts to hide it, age is starting to catch up with him. Nevertheless, Gus—who can tell a pitch just by the crack of the bat—refuses to be benched for what may be the final innings of his career. He may not have a choice. The front office of the Atlanta Braves is starting to question his judgment, especially with the country's hottest batting phenom on deck for the draft. The one person who might be able to help is also the one person Gus would never ask: his daughter, Mickey (Amy Adams), an associate at a high-powered Atlanta law firm whose drive and ambition has put her on the fast track to becoming partner. Against her better judgment, and over Gus's objections, Mickey joins him on his latest scouting trip to North Carolina, jeopardizing her own career to save his. Forced to spend time together for the first time in years, each makes new discoveries—revealing long-held truths about their past and present that could change their future.

You must be registered for see images attach

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've pretty much liked all of Eastwood's films but after that debacle at the RNC I'm not sure I can watch him anymore. I'll still watch my old favorites but anything new will be tough for me

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've pretty much liked all of Eastwood's films but after that debacle at the RNC I'm not sure I can watch him anymore. I'll still watch my old favorites but anything new will be tough for me

If politics were a bar to what I watched, I'd hardly watch anything--I hate the bleeding-heart liberal idea that it's cool to hang out with Hugo Chavez. Thankfully, I can compartmentalize that and watch anything without worrying about political crap.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If politics were a bar to what I watched, I'd hardly watch anything--I hate the bleeding-heart liberal idea that it's cool to hang out with Hugo Chavez. Thankfully, I can compartmentalize that and watch anything without worrying about political crap.

+1 I hate the politics of many musicians but I cant let that decide what I listen to.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks way too saptastic to watch. Ugh. A father/daughter baseball story?

:thud:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a democrat, the only reason I'm not seeing this movie is because it looks terrible, not because Eastwood's off his rocker.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be seeing it. He rareley lets me down.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I just caught the matinee, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure, it's mostly light fare, but the acting was absolutely solid and the plot believable and enjoyable. Clint Eastwood's always a blast to watch, and Amy Adams is very easy on the eyes (especially to us non-blind guys :) ), and she's a hell of a good actress.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave