Trevor Noah leaving The Daily Show

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him. Noah never really clicked for me the way Stewart did. I'm a tough critic when it comes to comedians though and not many click with me.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Stewart is in a class of his own. However, I liked the outside perspective Noah brought. I thought he was good.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him. Noah never really clicked for me the way Stewart did. I'm a tough critic when it comes to comedians though and not many click with me.
I've had zero interest in it, even the commercials are not funny. Stewart was fantastic. Kilbirne before him was good too

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I completely stopped watching it with Noah. Just not a good presenter. The pacing and tone was always very stilted and just couldn't grab my interest

Even when the topic was interesting, it was a chore to watch him present it

Some of the feature segments were good and thankfully you don't need to watch the show to see them

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stewart is in a class of his own. However, I liked the outside perspective Noah brought. I thought he was good.

Following Stewart was a near-impossible task. Noah was fine, but he didn't grab my attention anywhere near the level that Jon did.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Noah and Stewart before every day until the pandemic. I didn't like the format after the pandemic. I did like Noah though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was shocked when he announced his departure. I guess he is going on a global stand-up tour next. There was no way he could do that and still do the show. Good for him. I really liked him even though prior I had no idea who he was. I couldn't believe it had been 7 years since Jon departed.

I would love to see someone like Tina Fey takeover. She was rumored to be a possibility when Noah took over.