Travel question

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Tucson playing in a golf tournament when the Cards host the Rams on Monday night in December. I was thinking about heading to the game Monday night after my practice round. My question is, about how long a drive is it when you factor in traffic and all? Thanks in advance for the help.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Tucson playing in a golf tournament when the Cards host the Rams on Monday night in December. I was thinking about heading to the game Monday night after my practice round. My question is, about how long a drive is it when you factor in traffic and all? Thanks in advance for the help.

Use 202 West Santan fwy before you hit I-10 and Chandler exit. For love of god, don't take the I-10 downtown route unless you are OK missing a half. Cheers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Isn’t there a highway that runs between South Mt and Estrella now? Prob 2.5 hrs tops because of traffic.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I would allow 4 hours
I would agree it’s closer to 4 hours. The stadium is 20-30 minutes from downtown Phoenix, you’ll be heading the same direction of rush hour traffic plus you have the Cardinal traffic. As another poster suggested, take the 202 loop west because you avoid downtown traffic and come out around 51st Ave and I-10 which still will have a lot of rush hr traffic to the stadium AND it takes 15-30 minutes to park and anoth 25-30 to ge through security gates.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I also agree closer to 4 than 2 hours, but don’t know how much the 202 West to bypass downtown saves. It once took me like 3 hours to get from SE Gilbert to the stadium on a weeknight prime time game, so don’t underestimate normal traffic combined with game traffic.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I heard @TJ once made it from Tucson to Phoenix in 75 minutes. These 4hr takes are embarrassing.
I’ve missed an entire first half of a prime time game stuck in traffic despite thinking I was leaving with plenty of time to spare… up to the person how much they care about how much of the game they could miss vs leaving plenty of time to account for potential delays.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Monday arrival around 3-5pm is a little tricky because you’re likely battling Tucson and Phoenix traffic, and the northern tip of Tucson is typically littered with construction, so it’s kind of a wildcard to be honest. If you leave around 1pm you should be fine if you’re trying to get there before the game.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It should be a great game to watch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose