Transfer market

Lorenzo

Reaction score
it has heated up a bit more. Who are the biggest winners and losers so far?

For me Manchester United have made the best move in the premier league. Spurs have really done nothing and perhaps are a bit naive or just don't have money. Not sure about Liverpool and arsenal either.

Neymar's status seems to be the story now as Barca would surely be looking to pry someone to get over his departure.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Interesting move for Neymar I can't say that I blame him for taking the Money. I wonder if there are other big moves left? Alexis Sanchez? That would be a huge blow to Arsenal.

In a very low key move chicharito is at west Ham. A move to MLS or Mexico is looming for him.

For little ole America The Pulisic to Liverpool media hype is alive again lol.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Pulisic should stay right where he is. Big club, major league, and getting lots of playing time.

And man, wouldn't it be nice for Newcastle to actually pull off a big transfer? Haha, like that'll ever happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulisic should stay right where he is. Big club, major league, and getting lots of playing time.

And man, wouldn't it be nice for Newcastle to actually pull off a big transfer? Haha, like that'll ever happen.

As much as I would love to see him at Liverpool, he should say at BVB. He will definitely get more opportunities there. Besides if Pulisic comes, it probably means that Coutinho leaves and that would break my heart.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score

That would be something. Hell they should be able to afford Someone.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see him at Liverpool, he should say at BVB. He will definitely get more opportunities there. Besides if Pulisic comes, it probably means that Coutinho leaves and that would break my heart.
I agree he should stay at Dortmund. I think they would love to add him for the future and for insurance but I don't think the top 5 epl teams would give him much of a go at the moment due to the pressure and competition. But if he keeps it up he will be a hot target Sooner rather than later.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree he should stay at Dortmund. I think they would love to add him for the future and for insurance but I don't think the top 5 epl teams would give him much of a go at the moment due to the pressure and competition. But if he keeps it up he will be a hot target Sooner rather than later.

He would get a shot at Liverpool, he isn't an automatic starter though. That's the problem.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He would get a shot at Liverpool, he isn't an automatic starter though. That's the problem.
Exactly. Surprisingly early on he has proven to be one of Dortmunds most important attacking players. He would not be where he is if not for injuries to other big money players. But to his credit he has taken advantage of his chances.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
A little OT, but not worth its own thread, just read that my employer, American Express, sponsors Brighton & Hove Albion... a lot of people expect them to be one-and-done in the EPL, but looks like I've got a new team to root for!!

Stout

Reaction score
A little OT, but not worth its own thread, just read that my employer, American Express, sponsors Brighton & Hove Albion... a lot of people expect them to be one-and-done in the EPL, but looks like I've got a new team to root for!!

Yep, they play at the AmEx Stadium.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Coutinho is trying to force his way out of Liverpool by submitting a formal request the DAY BEFORE the season starts. Man I love Coutinho as a player, but this move is bush league. Keep him for another year and put a 200M release clause on him. No way he can pout and sit with this being a World Cup year.

Damn you Coutinho.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Was seriously going to buy a BHA jersey, and they only have them in Adult Small.... get your stuff together Seagulls -- you are a real team now!! :)

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Looks like Coutinho is trying to force his way out of Liverpool by submitting a formal request the DAY BEFORE the season starts. Man I love Coutinho as a player, but this move is bush league. Keep him for another year and put a 200M release clause on him. No way he can pout and sit with this being a World Cup year.

Damn you Coutinho.
Liverpool seem to have no plan B Or have failed miserably at it. Sale him already and get other player(s) who are going to stay for the long haul. There's always a chance that Latin players will move to Barca or madrid at first chance. It's just the reality of it. I think S.Gerard said it best.

Stout

Reaction score

Damn you Coutinho.

Sadly, this is something players sometimes do. I remember Cabaye doing it to try to force a move to Arsenal years ago, and it didn't go through. I think the agents have a lot to do with turning their heads like that.

On the release clause, you can't just put one on him. Those are worked into the contract when they are signed. This is why Ba was bought from Newcastle for 7 million years ago, because there was a release clause in the contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave