Training camp opens in Flagstaff October 1, 2019

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It makes one wonder how McDonough lasted long enough to be a part of the 2018 NBA Draft.

This is so surreal to think this was an option looking back. Bledsoe didn't want to be here and Jackson had negative trade value for the Suns.

I decided to look it up, just to see if it was Kyrie or Love coming to Phoenix, and it looks like it would have brought Kyrie and Channing Frye to Phoenix for Bledsoe and the #4 pick. It was before Kyrie requested a trade also.

"In mid-June, shortly before [former general manager David] Griffin left, team and league sources confirm, the Cavs explored a three-way deal with Phoenix and Indiana that would have shipped Irving and [Channing] Frye to the Suns and brought Eric Bledsoe and Paul George to Cleveland. The Suns resisted, unwilling to part with their No. 4 pick, which they planned to use to draft Josh Jackson."

That trade came a month before Irving requested one out of Cleveland, ultimately landing with the Boston Celtics in a deal that brought Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Brooklyn's 2018 first-round pick and Ante Zizic to Cleveland.

Here's where I found that, Bleacher Report.

It's crazy to think that Jackson kept us from getting a huge return for Bledsoe. I'm not Kyrie's biggest fan but that would have changed the entire NBA landscape.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I decided to look it up, just to see if it was Kyrie or Love coming to Phoenix, and it looks like it would have brought Kyrie and Channing Frye to Phoenix for Bledsoe and the #4 pick. It was before Kyrie requested a trade also.

Here's where I found that, Bleacher Report.

It's crazy to think that Jackson kept us from getting a huge return for Bledsoe. I'm not Kyrie's biggest fan but that would have changed the entire NBA landscape.
Irving would not have been happy and have asked out at the beginning of last year. We would have been complaining what a horrible deal it was.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Irving would not have been happy and have asked out at the beginning of last year. We would have been complaining what a horrible deal it was.

At least Irving would have been a better trade asset than Bledsoe.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to an in-depth article about Mikal Bridges from Duane Rankin. Some expect Bridges to have a breakout season.

Here are a couple of snippets from the article:

"I don’t ever go into next season thinking I'm going to break out," he continued. "I just try to work hard going into the season thinking I’m going to get better. I put in a lot of work in, so I know for sure I’m going to have more confidence. Everybody can talk about it and write about this is going to be a breakout, but I don’t think like that. I just go out there and play and see stuff transform from the summer."

Also noteworthy Bridges is up to 210 pounds after adding a reported 8 pounds of muscle.

"The body fills out in your early NBA years," said Jerry Colangelo, former Suns owner and current director of Team USA. "So he’s going to get stronger. That will help him immensely not only on the court as it relates to the physicality, but it helps you with your confidence when you’re banging bodies."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...uns-mikal-bridges-breakout-season/2449130001/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a tough vote on the poll Gambo put up about "Which was the worst Suns draft pick"

The options are Jackson, Chriss or Bender.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess I would vote for Chriss but it is close call with Jackson.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a tough vote on the poll Gambo put up about "Which was the worst Suns draft pick"

Jackson by far. The other draft was not considered nearly as good a draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will wear orange jerseys on most Fridays. Some respect for the SSOL era.

The Phoenix Suns today unveiled their new Orange Statement Edition uniform that features a bright orange jersey with the iconic sunburst logo on the front along with orange shorts. White lettering and traditional Suns’ Purple trim appear throughout the uniform. The all-orange uniforms will be worn every Friday during the 2019-20 regular season (with the exception of Dec. 27 at Golden State). Video and images of the Orange Statement Edition uniform can be downloaded HERE.

Inspired by the team’s affectionate nickname for the home of the Suns, “Planet Orange,” the new Orange Statement Edition pays homage to the innovative “Seven Seconds or Less” era which featured the first Suns team to wear orange uniforms. With an eye towards the future, the new threads are designed to evoke a modern style and are the first uniform in franchise history to feature no wordmark on the front of the jersey.

https://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/suns-unveil-new-orange-statement-edition-uniform

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also this on the orange jersey.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson by far. The other draft was not considered nearly as good a draft.

I was comparing the three Suns players to each other. The 2017 draft is probably the better draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This prediction seems to make some sense.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
How

How about . . . . . . . 0 All of the above

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think all of the above would have been the winning choice for sure if that were an option.
I never liked multiple choice. The questioner is not only asking the question, but limiting the answer.

Of course, in school we knew that one of the answers had to be right. We used to call it "multiple guess". :)

But survey are opinions, not facts. And usually do not include All of the Above.

Or "multiple" choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the suns training camp roster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is another tweet with more images of the new jersey. I like the concept but I'm not a fan of the font for the numbers. They appear to boxy, like they tried really hard to find a digital look for them. It's not as obvious on the Booker jersey that's in their reveal video but that's just the #1. Ayton's jersey makes it stand out more.

Here is the reveal video....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a follow-up to the Gambo poll "Which was the worst Suns draft pick" Dragan Bender received the most votes.

The choices were Josh Jackson, Marquese Chriss and Dragan Bender.

I will stick with my choice of Chriss.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a follow-up to the Gambo poll "Which was the worst Suns draft pick" Dragan Bender received the most votes.

The choices were Josh Jackson, Marquese Chriss and Dragan Bender.

I will stick with my choice of Chriss.

I'd say Chriss also. We traded for him and doing so cost 3 first round picks, essentially. 2 picks in that draft and Bogdan, who was a first in a previous draft. Doing so wasn't needed either, or shouldn't have been needed after taking Bender at #4. That's all on McD. What a terrible judge of character he was, beyond the talent. He resigned the Morrii, drafted Chriss, Jackson, and paid for IT, Bledsoe, and Knight. A lot of people with questionable attitudes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say Chriss also. We traded for him and doing so cost 3 first round picks, essentially. 2 picks in that draft and Bogdan, who was a first in a previous draft. Doing so wasn't needed either, or shouldn't have been needed after taking Bender at #4. That's all on McD. What a terrible judge of character he was, beyond the talent. He resigned the Morrii, drafted Chriss, Jackson, and paid for IT, Bledsoe, and Knight. A lot of people with questionable attitudes.

Add an unhappy Goran Dragic and it's easy to see why the Suns have been bad for so long.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things kick off tomorrow with media day. We are almost there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson