Trail Blazers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-10-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another game that shows this team absolutely can feed the post if they have a player willing and who knows how to get position.

I so like that up and under move by Frank.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another game that shows this team absolutely can feed the post if they have a player willing and who knows how to get position.

Correct. Not only that but on how to create and finish your own shot, as well as rebounding and putting it in over the smaller player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correct. Not only that but on how to create and finish your own shot, as well as rebounding and putting it in over the smaller player.
Yup. Frank punished switches last night. Someone who is spending a lot of time watching right now should be taking notes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondering if Myles Turner might be worth thinking about, either now or this summer.

I've been a fan of Myles Turner for a long time and the rumor is he is available in trade. He is under contract for $18 million this season and next. I've always considered him as a candidate to play power forward.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I wondering if Myles Turner might be worth thinking about, either now or this summer.

In exchange for Turner, the Suns should offer Frank Kaminsky while he's still a hot property. But they need to act fast... and beat it out of town as soon as possible after the trade is completed.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In exchange for Turner, the Suns should offer Frank Kaminsky while he's still a hot property. But they need to act fast... and beat it out of town as soon as possible after the trade is completed.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that has any chance of happening. Turner is 25 years old, leads the league in blocks, provides steady double-digit scoring, and even has three-point range. So it would be Turner as a replacement for Ayton, once the Suns figure out that giving Ayton a max extension will sabotage their future (which I suspect they already know). The Pacers would have to include some talent, and depending on when the trade happens, the Suns would or would not have to send some salary back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of something that has any chance of happening. Turner is 25 years old, leads the league in blocks, provides steady double-digit scoring, and even has three-point range. So it would be Turner as a replacement for Ayton, once the Suns figure out that giving Ayton a max extension will sabotage their future (which I suspect they already know). The Pacers would have to include some talent, and depending on when the trade happens, the Suns would or would not have to send some salary back.

Ayton plus Smith or Saric works in a trade for Turner.

Saric is under contract with the Suns for another season but I'm not sure if they would want to bring him back.

If the Suns want further compensation they could ask for draft picks. Apparently Torrey Craig isn't eligible to be traded yet.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ayton plus Smith or Saric works in a trade for Turner.

Saric is under contract with the Suns for another season but I'm not sure if they would want to bring him back.

If the Suns want further compensation they could ask for draft picks. Apparently Torrey Craig isn't eligible to be traded yet.

The Suns would trade Smith instead of Saric because they need bodies next year. The Pacers would need to throw in their pick this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns would trade Smith instead of Saric because they need bodies next year. The Pacers would need to throw in their pick this year.

If the Suns were to trade Ayton with Smith (expiring), they should ask for two first round picks.

I'm not confident in the Suns ability to draft but they could use them in trades.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the Suns were to trade Ayton with Smith (expiring), they should ask for two first round picks.

I'm not confident in the Suns ability to draft but they could use them in trades.

If the Suns had a pick this year their other picks would be available to trade. Since OKC owns their pick they can’t trade anything until draft day.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns had a pick this year their other picks would be available to trade. Since OKC owns their pick they can’t trade anything until draft day.

I understand but I think asking for two first round picks is fair.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Frank was college national player of the year. You don't do that without skills. He also works really hard. He has the size too. He just doesn't have the fast twitch element that NBA teams seem to really want in centers.

It makes him effective against player like Nurkic but at a disadvantage when a Giannis is on the floor.
Somewhat disagree. Jokic is arguably the best player in the league and has virtually no athleticism. The main difference between him and Frank is that Jokic plays with a ton of confidence. Of course Jokic is also more talented, but I think it shows that Frank could be so much more with a higher confidence level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Somewhat disagree. Jokic is arguably the best player in the league and has virtually no athleticism. The main difference between him and Frank is that Jokic plays with a ton of confidence. Of course Jokic is also more talented, but I think it shows that Frank could be so much more with a higher confidence level.
I think jokic is also an inch or two taller and has vastly superior basketball skills.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think jokic is also an inch or two taller and has vastly superior basketball skills.
Yeah confidence is important but it can't make up for such a huge difference in build, skill and talent.

I'm a very confident card player whether it's poker, bridge, pinochle, pitch, euchre, spades, hearts and so on. But that's because I know what I'm doing and I'm pretty good at it (especially the trick taking games). I can psych myself into believing I'm the next Franz Liszt but I still sound like crap when I try to play the piano because I just don't have what it takes, confidence or not.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank's success since getting into the lineup kind of pisses me off for last year. Many of us were shouting in earlier games to get Frank some time. This to me only proves he likely should have gotten more time in the playoffs. That way when we reached the finals he would have been more in the grove. He may have helped us out much more.

The combo of McGee/Frank has even surprised me a bit this year. They have been pretty damn good. Monty needs to figure out how to keep Ayton, McGee and Frank part of the regular rotation IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regard to measurements. Kaminsky is slightly taller than Jokic. However, Jokic has a 7'3" wingspan and Kaminsky only has a 6'11" wingspan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In regard to measurements. Kaminsky is slightly taller than Jokic. However, Jokic has a 7'3" wingspan and Kaminsky only has a 6'11" wingspan.

That’s what it was. Jokic’s length.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned his skill in my comment. My point is that if a player like Jokic can be as wildly successful as he has been than Frank certainly has the physical capability to be much more successful than he has been.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are guys like Nurkic and Vucevic whose games are a bit closer to Frank's that proves you can be successful with that skill set in the NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are guys like Nurkic and Vucevic whose games are a bit closer to Frank's that proves you can be successful with that skill set in the NBA.
The advantage those two have is build, I'm not sure Frank will ever be able to match their physicality.