Trail Blazers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-10-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, despite injuries and as big of a distraction as a team could possibly deal with, ending up 7-3, on a 6 game winning streak is pretty impressive, especially with the understanding that most people think we’re not even playing that well yet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come playoff time we should be good to go. Without any whammys
It may not look like it but we still need Ayton. There's a lot of bigs that will destroy Frank that DA can match up with in addition to the difference he makes on D.

Also, teams don't really need to scout or focus on Frank but if he has a few games like this, he'll start showing up in the opponent's scouting reports and things will get a lot tougher for him. I love having Frank available, he's a steal and a great teammate. But he'd get exposed if he was starting nightly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nance Jr. did look solid. Too bad he is not in a Suns uniform like his father.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee quietly finishes with 14 points and 8 rebounds.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im exhausted but awesome w!! Been fun week cards suns

Frank with 30 that is fire at work cant watch

How did ayton do?

And toke hit to suns win keep risin the streak!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns centers combined 45 points and 15 rebounds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Shamet tonight, both Paul and Booker played 37 minutes. That needs to come down.

McCollum played 40 minutes and Lillard 38.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like that Frank is all business instead of cutting up when he scores as the guys were saying on the broadcast. He’s playing like he knows he’s a legit part of the team. Terrific win tonight.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns can have a big and formative front court when Saric gets back. If only Stix truely developed and was a part of the rotation….

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At some point I'm going to give a mid season report card on my perspective as a first time season ticket holder but I can tell you that one of my favorite themes so far sitting in the seats is the energy that picks up when Frank or Cam Payne come into the game. The crowd freaking loves those 2 guys.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Great interview. Monty told Frank Kaminsky he was too good to be available in free agency.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Of course you can't expect Frank to do this every game, but there is a reason he went near the top of a pretty talented draft. He is far more capable than what he has shown in his career.

I know people like to put a lot of it on Monty, but the issue is that Frank doesn't have/hasn't had the confidence to go out and play with this kind of freedom on a regular basis. Imagine if he had the confidence of a Embiid or KAT. He wouldn't be as good as them, but he would be a whole hell of a lot better than he has been in his career thus far.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank is an absolute bargain at the league minimum. He's one of those guys who more than earns his salary throughout the regular season. He's easier to game plan for in the playoffs, which is just how the playoffs are now, but I hope Monty uses a deeper rotation this go around.

Monty's got to stick with what brought him to the dance and the bench is a huge part of that. We can't rely on basically a 7 man rotation like last year with the starters and 2 Cam's.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course you can't expect Frank to do this every game, but there is a reason he went near the top of a pretty talented draft. He is far more capable than what he has shown in his career.

I know people like to put a lot of it on Monty, but the issue is that Frank doesn't have/hasn't had the confidence to go out and play with this kind of freedom on a regular basis. Imagine if he had the confidence of a Embiid or KAT. He wouldn't be as good as them, but he would be a whole hell of a lot better than he has been in his career thus far.
Frank was college national player of the year. You don't do that without skills. He also works really hard. He has the size too. He just doesn't have the fast twitch element that NBA teams seem to really want in centers.

It makes him effective against player like Nurkic but at a disadvantage when a Giannis is on the floor.