Trail Blazers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-10-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are at home on Wednesday to face the Trail Blazers before going on the road for three games against the Grizzlies, Rockets, and Timberwolves.

Trail Blazers are 5-5 winning their last two games at home against the Pacers and Lakers. They play at the Clippers tonight.

Suns are now 6-3 and have won their last five games after beating the Kings on Monday. The Trail Blazers beat the Suns 134-105 in their last meeting at Portland. They seemingly couldn't miss a shot in that game. Some revenge would be sweet.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The injury report will not be submitted until later today so nothing new if Deandre Ayton will play on Tuesday.

I doubt if the Suns do more than a walk through after playing last night.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I really hope Ayton isnt Warren’ing this team. But to be honest, if there’s validity to that N-bomb rumor Jalen Rose dropped, I wouldn’t blame him.
I wouldn't not play games. I would just be vocal when the NBA investigation team rolls through town.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't not play games. I would just be vocal when the NBA investigation team rolls through town.

actions speak louder than words. one of the main reasons Sterling got the boot so fast was because the players were talking about boycotting playoff games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns upcoming schedule is brutal. It will be hard to get Ayton practice time.

They will mostly be playing every other day and then they have a couple of back-to-back games in November as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really hope Ayton isnt Warren’ing this team. But to be honest, if there’s validity to that N-bomb rumor Jalen Rose dropped, I wouldn’t blame him.
If there’s validity to it then it needs to be more than just Ayton sandbagging. The rest of the team needs to rally around him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If there’s validity to it then it needs to be more than just Ayton sandbagging. The rest of the team needs to rally around him.
That's what I meant. If it's just Ayton doing it, I wouldn't miss games if I was Ayton. I would talk to the investigators. If the whole team was willing to boycott games, that's one thing. If you are boycotting by yourself, I would do other methods.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's also about the extension. Barring injury Ayton is getting the Max from someone.

So he isn't risking injury

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actions speak louder than words. one of the main reasons Sterling got the boot so fast was because the players were talking about boycotting playoff games.
Players threatening not to play and the advertisers were jumping ship. If that happens here (which I doubt) Sarver gets a quick boot. This is going to drag on and on and on I bet unless there is a bombshell discovery by the NBA.

By the way, Portland is really struggling and either something is wrong with Damian Lillard or his heart isn't in it. He doesn't seem like the same player this year. I have watched two of their games this season and he just seems "there" in a couple of stretches in both games I watched.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players threatening not to play and the advertisers were jumping ship. If that happens here (which I doubt) Sarver gets a quick boot. This is going to drag on and on and on I bet unless there is a bombshell discovery by the NBA.

By the way, Portland is really struggling and either something is wrong with Damian Lillard or his heart isn't in it. He doesn't seem like the same player this year. I have watched two of their games this season and he just seems "there" in a couple of stretches in both games I watched.

Damian Lillard is struggling with the way the game is officiated per this article.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damian Lillard is struggling with the way the game is officiated per this article.

I wonder which changes he is referencing. The offensive player initiating the foul (like on 3's by kicking out) was always completely BULL.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder which changes he is referencing. The offensive player initiating the foul (like on 3's by kicking out) was always completely BULL.

Lillard doesn't do the trick stuff so I'm not sure. Sometimes when a player gets off to a slow start they look for a reason.

Other players have blamed the new ball.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lillard doesn't do the trick stuff so I'm not sure. Sometimes when a player gets off to a slow start they look for a reason.

Other players have blamed the new ball.
That doesn't explain why he has looked more passive during stretches. As I said above, I watched a couple of their games and he just seems to be there for stretches. Maybe he is trying to get others involved more this year? Not sure. Even in his last game I watched him pass up multiple mid-range shots. There was even a drive to the bucket where he had a clear path then passed out. So, who knows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn't explain why he has looked more passive during stretches. As I said above, I watched a couple of their games and he just seems to be there for stretches. Maybe he is trying to get others involved more this year? Not sure. Even in his last game I watched him pass up multiple mid-range shots. There was even a drive to the bucket where he had a clear path then passed out. So, who knows.

Lillard has really had only one off game in his last five games. Hope he doesn't go off tonight.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lillard has really had only one off game in his last five games. Hope he doesn't go off tonight.
His numbers are down in almost every category. He doesn't look the same and he can't blame it all on the rules. I agree though...don't want to see him go off tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His numbers are down in almost every category. He doesn't look the same and he can't blame it all on the rules. I agree though...don't want to see him go off tonight.

Admittedly I haven't seen Lillard play since the Suns last played Portland. By far the worst game of the season for the Suns.

I will take a look tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s not the one I worry about. We have done a fairly good job “containing” him in the past. McCollum has torched us. And our 3 point defense (or lack thereof) has killed us.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yeah, CJ has our number, and there's always a 8th-10th best player type of guy who goes nuts against us. Main thing I'm looking at is that they keep the defensive intensity at a high level throughout, especially in the third quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not the one I worry about. We have done a fairly good job “containing” him in the past. McCollum has torched us. And our 3 point defense (or lack thereof) has killed us.

Agree, the Suns 3-point defense and CJ McCollum has been a consistent problem.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet is listed as OUT on the NBA injury report. Of course Ayton is out as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bally Sports Arizona has technical difficulties at the moment so I hope they figure it out soon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The announcers are on now so it looks like we are in business.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose