Trail Blazers @ Suns Friday game thread 3-6-20

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh. And the Blazer might be the worst defensive team we have seen this year. They need to blow it up.

Not sure what they expected when they added Melo to the roster.

Yeah I had to laugh at Eddie during the pre-game when he kept talking about how terrific of a season one of the all time greats was having since returning to the NBA. Between him and Whiteside, that is one horrible defensive unit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had to laugh at Eddie during the pre-game when he kept talking about how terrific of a season one of the all time greats was having since returning to the NBA. Between him and Whiteside, that is one horrible defensive unit.

I do not want to take anything from the win but it looked like a practice scrimmage out there last night. The Suns could do whatever they wanted on offense. When the Blazers made their runs they couldn't shut the door on the Suns defensively.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not want to take anything from the win but it looked like a practice scrimmage out there last night. The Suns could do whatever they wanted on offense. When the Blazers made their runs they couldn't shut the door on the Suns defensively.

Yeah I wouldn't want to either. With all the roster mishaps this season between the suspensions, injuries, alien abductions and such, we should celebrate every victory no matter what's going on with the opponent. But as poorly as Portland played defensively, for several stretches in that game, they put up a lot of dumb shots and predictably clanked most of them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't want to either. With all the roster mishaps this season between the suspensions, injuries, alien abductions and such, we should celebrate every victory no matter what's going on with the opponent. But as poorly as Portland played defensively, for several stretches in that game, they put up a lot of dumb shots and predictably clanked most of them.

Thankfully Anthony and Lillard clanked a few.

Still feel somewhat indebted to Lillard for Booker making the All-Star Team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh. And the Blazer might be the worst defensive team we have seen this year. They need to blow it up.

Not sure what they expected when they added Melo to the roster.

Most expected the Blazers to bottom out and blow it up ever since Aldridge left but they somehow kept improving. Lillard stepped his game up in a big way but it seems he's reached his peak and the team made too many shortsighted moves trading role players for players only concerned with their statlines instead of wins or losses.

What sucks about the Blazers finally sucking is the Suns don't really have any assets to trade for Lillard. If we could somehow add Lillard to the Booker/Ayton duo then I think we could compete. I wonder what they'll be after if they do blow it up. I'd give up our 1st and then our 1st in 2 years plus Rubio but I don't think that gets it done.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
How is that not a flagrant on CJ McCollum pushing Ser Baynes with two hands?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is that not a flagrant on CJ McCollum pushing Ser Baynes with two hands?

The only player who the refs might consider giving a flagrant to for what they do to Baynes is Boban. Baynes looks too much like a viking and I think the refs consider anything done to him is self defense.

I think he should lean into that, start wearing face paint and claim it's a facial tattoo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only player who the refs might consider giving a flagrant to for what they do to Baynes is Boban. Baynes looks too much like a viking and I think the refs consider anything done to him is self defense.

I think he should lean into that, start wearing face paint and claim it's a facial tattoo.

Those facial masks players sometimes use would be awesome painted like a goalie mask in ice hockey.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave