Trading Rosen and trading down for Murray might be a great idea

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is going to light up the NFL. No doubt about it.
The problem is just that it won't be for long. He'll be broken and that will be that.

Murray does one thing, a lot, that might prolong his NFL career. He slides before contact most of the time.

However, one can't deny that he'll be in harms way on Sundays. He's more sturdily built than some here let on to believe, but as a legit duel-threat QB, an underestimated part of the challenge for him being successful, long term, in the NFL, will be staying healthy.

Some have mentioned an RGIII comparison, and while Kyler runs smarter than Griffin did, I still shudder when I think of RGIII's promising career cut short so quickly.

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
Are you telling me that you can't see how Kyler compares to all four of those guys? Not even a bit? Having a mix of those 4 guys with the speed and elusiveness of a Vick or Tarik Cohen could be unstoppable in the right offense. Accuracy of Baker, the understanding of the offense like Mahomes or Baker, and finally the size of a Brees & Wilson with the ability to move like a Wilson or Vick.

I'm saying that you can do whatever mental gymnastics you want to convince yourself of anything. You are proving that.

If you REALLY think Murray is a mix of the best qualities off Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Michael Vick, and Tarik Cohen, them I don't know what to tell you.

I could make the same argument to you on how Josh Rosen is a mix of Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Joe Montana.

The reality is - we have never seen a QB like Kyler Murray succeed. That doesn't mean that he won't - but we just haven't seen it. I've seen QBs with Josh Rosen's skillset succeed in this league. That may mean nothing to you, but I value a track record when projecting players' futures.

An

My problem with Josh is I see more Keenum, Goff, and Flacco in him than I do Brady, Manning, or Aikman.

Again - I could make the same point on Kyle Murray. I see Murray as more of a Doug Flutie, Johnny Manziel, Jake Locker, and RG3 than I do Baker, Mahomes, Brees, Russell Wilson, Vick, (and Tarik Cohen).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson