TRADES

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Knicks are looking to trade Toppin.

I really hope the Suns have asked about an Ayton for Mitchell Robinson Toppin deal

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw on a couple podcasts today, depending on which guys we bring back, and keep from the Beal trade, and guys rumored to be back from last year, we could only be looking for 5 regular spots and two 2-way contracts left. Maybe even only 4 regular spots depending on TJ Warren coming back or not. It doesn't seem as daunting as they make it out to be.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
“I think effort and motor are underrated characteristics of players when you look at and evaluate what their talent is. Some players’ talent is how hard they play. We want to get as many of those guys as we can get, that do it naturally, and the coaching staff is going to work their tails off to get all of our group performing at a high level from an effort standpoint.” - Frank Vogel

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Grant Hughes of The Bleacher Report says there's a trade out there of Ayton to the Clippers for Zubacs, Nick Batum, and Robert Covington.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grant Hughes of The Bleacher Report says there's a trade out there of Ayton to the Clippers for Zubacs, Nick Tatum, and Robert Covington.
Zubac, Batum and Covington.

I like Zubac but I'm not sure how much Batum or Covington have left in the tank.

This is interesting. Batum and Covington both make 11.7 million and both have 1 year left on their deals. Zubac also makes about 11 million and has 2 years left.

Looking at the stats both Batum and Covington both still defended above average and shot the 3 at 39% overall and 43/45% from the corner.

Due to the financial flexibility and the reliability of Zubac compared to Ayton, this deal needs to be seriously considered. I want to say it's not quite enough, but in actuality this trade might be better for the team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Throw Bones Hyland in the deal and it's a trade. Zubac is exactly what the Suns need.
Yeah, that probably would be enough - but that would be another 2 million - so I think we need the 125% to do that which means deal would need to happen before 7/1 unless we include someone else.

Not Sure the Clips would be willing to do it, but I think your right that is what the Suns should hold out for.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that probably would be enough - but that would be another 2 million - so I think we need the 125% to do that which means deal would need to happen before 7/1 unless we include someone else.

Not Sure the Clips would be willing to do it, but I think your right that is what the Suns should hold out for.

I haven't broken down the trade but I'd want Zubac plus another piece of value. Hyland is who I'd want.

Maybe draft picks, Zubac and filler might get there.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't broken down the trade but I'd want Zubac plus another piece of value. Hyland is who I'd want.

Maybe draft picks, Zubac and filler might get there.
Zubac, Covington, Batum and Hyland would be a good deal. All those guys are rotation quality. We would have 3&D wings for both the starting unit and the bench, and Hyland would be a scoring punch off the bench.

I think that trade fixes most of our problems. I guess really we could send back Payne too if necessary. Hyland is really streaky though, and Denver dumped him for some reason, even so at his contract it's a good risk to take.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Zubac, Covington, Batum and Hyland would be a good deal. All those guys are rotation quality. We would have 3&D wings for both the starting unit and the bench, and Hyland would be a scoring punch off the bench.

I think that trade fixes most of our problems. I guess really we could send back Payne too if necessary. Hyland is really streaky though, and Denver dumped him for some reason, even so at his contract it's a good risk to take.
I agree... that would be a pretty solid haul. Zubac could effectively replace Ayton and the remainder would be a decent insta-bench.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We are giving up the premier piece in this trade. We need multiple second or first round picks to level out the value of the trade!

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score

This, or Zubac/Covington/Powell for DA/Payne

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I doubt anyone gives us 4 for Ayton… especially with 3 of them being relatively able bodied players. Batum basically has one foot in the grave at this point.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Grant Hughes of The Bleacher Report says there's a trade out there of Ayton to the Clippers for Zubacs, Nick Batum, and Robert Covington.

Germz from San Tan Valley can confirm he wants this to happen. So I will say my inside sources have told me the talks is real and could happen any day but if the right terms are not met it could fall through..