Trade With the Chargers coming?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It's been hinted in the news over the last week, but just listened to the Big Red Rage podcast and they spoke openly about a trade possible coming during the next 48 hours...

The Chargers are hurting at DL. Both at DE With Bosa understandably holding out but they also just lost their only back-up NT for the season.

So who's on the block?
My guess is Xavier Wiliams. Bryant is too old to be traded and Gunter and in principle CC can play both DE and NT.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what???? Or should I say who???

OP
OP
BACH

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I seriously hope not.
But what's the alternative?
There are nine D-linemen on this roster that should make the 53 man roster based on talent. For three starting positions. Can't carry 9 for 3 positions. 8 max

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
For what???? Or should I say who???

+1. Agreed. It is not like their offensive line is something to brag about, and I could not imagine any other position of need. Maybe ILBer but even then, not sure who the Chargers have that is better than what the Cardinals have right now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1. Agreed. It is not like their offensive line is something to brag about, and I could not imagine any other position of need. Maybe ILBer but even then, not sure who the Chargers have that is better than what the Cardinals have right now.

lol how about the guy with the fake girlfriend

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would love to add D Perryman, but he would take more than Mauro/X Williams. Is the speculation that a trade is with Chargers just because we are with them this week or that just a coincidence?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to add D Perryman, but he would take more than Mauro/X Williams. Is the speculation that a trade is with Chargers just because we are with them this week or that just a coincidence?
Keim made comments alluding to it earlier in the week.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The player who intrigues me the most is OLB Jerry Attaochu. Charger fans have been wondering why the coaches have Kyle Emmanuel ahead of him as the starter at ROLB. Melvin Ingram is the starter at LOLB. OLB Ben Gardner (Stanford), if healthy, could be poised to make a splash. How about Ed Stinson and Kareem Martin for Attaochu?

Tyreek Burwell is a potential swing tackle and they already have their Swiss Army knife in Chris Hairston who they re-signed to a 2 year deal. I'd want to see him in the game before making a trade.

Craig Mager, CB, has the qualities the Cardinals look for in a press CB. He could attract SK's attention as well.

OP
OP
BACH

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The player who intrigues me the most is OLB Jerry Attaochu. Charger fans have been wondering why the coaches have Kyle Emmanuel ahead of him as the starter at ROLB. Melvin Ingram is the starter at LOLB. OLB Ben Gardner (Stanford), if healthy, could be poised to make a splash. How about Ed Stinson and Kareem Martin for Attaochu?

Tyreek Burwell is a potential swing tackle and they already have their Swiss Army knife in Chris Hairston who they re-signed to a 2 year deal. I'd want to see him in the game before making a trade.

Craig Mager, CB, has the qualities the Cardinals look for in a press CB. He could attract SK's attention as well.

But Martin for Attaocho doesn't make any at all. That's just changing players at the same position. Attaocho for Stinson doesn't make sense unless SK have an offer for Okafor.

If Burwell looks good in practice I Can see the idea. Chargers probably getting most value in that Trade as he hasn't shown anything in live games (based on input from my friend that is a Chargers fan). But it's better value than nothing

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
But Martin for Attaocho doesn't make any at all. That's just changing players at the same position. Attaocho for Stinson doesn't make sense unless SK have an offer for Okafor.

If Burwell looks good in practice I Can see the idea. Chargers probably getting most value in that Trade as he hasn't shown anything in live games (based on input from my friend that is a Chargers fan). But it's better value than nothing

I thought adding Martin would allow them to maintain some depth at OLB. Stinson is the main draw in this trade suggestion, as the Chargers need run stoppers.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would love to get Attachao, was hoping we draft him but SD snagged him a couple of picks before us. SD doesn't have a back up C we'd be interested in or a backup ILB or CB so draft pick seems the most logical.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
anyone traded now on either team will be lucky to make the team....and if they play they'll be 3rd string at best. No one is letting a starter or backup walk out the door this close to the start of the season.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CB seems like the most logical position from our POV. Say Steve Williams would be a fine depth guy.

As for SD, im not sure what they need other than Oline, but we don't have much Oline to give. WR maybe? Give them Jaron Brown, but we'd need something big in return.

Maybe Casey Heyward for Jaron Brown. That's not bad.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did u really hear something coming from steve keim mouth about possible trade between san diego and arizona?
the only one i think we should pursuit is j.attachou
maybe situational pass rusher but i saw him last year making some damage to our offensive line

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Feels surreal saying this...but we are set at outside pass rusher.

We don't need Attaochou. We already have a logjam we need to figure out.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A #2 corner or a center... those are the two at this point in the off season that make sense to me but what do the Chargers have to offer, or do they a have a QB maybe :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A #2 corner or a center... those are the two at this point in the off season that make sense to me but what do the Chargers have to offer, or do they a have a QB maybe :)
jet did u hear keim saying that a trade with chargers is possible?

Reaction score
CB seems like the most logical position from our POV. Say Steve Williams would be a fine depth guy.

As for SD, im not sure what they need other than Oline, but we don't have much Oline to give. WR maybe? Give them Jaron Brown, but we'd need something big in return.

Maybe Casey Heyward for Jaron Brown. That's not bad.

If you read the op it says they are hurting on the DL which we are stacked at.