Trade Up, Or Back, Or Stand Pat?

What should the Cardinals do on draft day?

• Trade up

• Trade back

• Stand pat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping that we trade back with our two top picks, and feel most agree. But I would like to see what the Board feels. And, naturally I know that if our 'guy' is there, we take him. Just asking, since it seems we are targeting lots of guys. I don't know how to do a Poll, unfortunately.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trading down
We have many holes and several 1 year deals
Plus at 16 there isn't a can't miss prospect for us

If 5 QB's are off the board, we have the 11th. positional pick.

No one is can't miss but there would be a worthwhile investment at that point.

Reactions: PJ1

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If 5 QB's are off the board, we have the 11th. positional pick.

No one is can't miss but there would be a worthwhile investment at that point.

Sewell Slater Chase Pitts won't be there
The difference between the other top 15 and prospects projected late round pick is very thin

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Waddle Horn and Surtain are the only guys I can see maybe being available where we pick. I’d like to trade down if none of them are there.

I think Keim would like to trade down
I saw the prospect visits tracker, and actually the first round players they showed interests are late round picks

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
With Farley being medically cleared, my list of guys I'd stand pat and take that might be available:

1) Horn
2) Farley
3) Newsome

I want a CB. Waddle would be nice, but I don't know why this board gives him a discount on his injuries.

I'd be tempted to trade down if Horn and Farley are gone.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
If Micah Parsons is still there at 16, I take him without hesitation. If not, trade back.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Farley being medically cleared, my list of guys I'd stand pat and take that might be available:

1) Horn
2) Farley
3) Newsome

I want a CB. Waddle would be nice, but I don't know why this board gives him a discount on his injuries.

I'd be tempted to trade down if Horn and Farley are gone.
Fairley no, we need someone who hasn't medical red flags, being medical cleared now doesn't change much his status
I like also Asante Samuel, maybe he will be the better pro despite being just 5'10

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always want more draft picks so trading down makes some sense. However, if the Cardinals can strike gold at #16 and #49, I will be a happy man.

Quality is more important than quantity.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Horn or Surtain are gone then trade back. Although I'm not sure there will be anyone wanting to trade up to 16.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I often don't get the idea of trading back to get a slightly weaker player just to say you got better value. In doing so, you watch several better players that fill the same need get picked in front of you. It makes more common sense to me to take the very best player at a position of great need, rather than trading back and getting someone rated behind him just to say he matched the value of that pick more than the better player did.

I say, with some exceptions (like dropping back a couple picks when you believe you can get the exact same player while picking up a later or future round pick) always grab the better player and be happy you could. Let's be honest, all those ratings are to some degree simply guesses by the pundits who are most times just influenced by each others' guesses.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Trading back would be pretty ideal, but I don't know if it's possible. It's hard to figure out who will be interested.

But having 2nd/3rd round flexibility would be nice. If it's a trade that only nets us a 4th rounder or something, I'm not interested.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of unknowns -

How do we profile an available prospect where we pick? (Does he fit a glaring need? Is he long on potential but doesn't necessarily fill a need? Iffy or can't miss?)

Same questions applied to prospects available later on iif we traded down.

Athleticism vs. skill-set?

Brains vs, brawn?

"Planet person" or "Steady Eddie?"

Without knowing what the braintrust thinks, we're simply "flying blind."

If I were pulling the cord, it would probably be for a CB like Surtain or Horn. And I wouldn't trade down unless I knew it would be for athletic talent more than character or savvy.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're so bad at drafting and we've blown entire drafts. Just trade up and get Pitts. Quantity of draft picks goes out the window with this team. Just go get your guy.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I often don't get the idea of trading back to get a slightly weaker player just to say you got better value. In doing so, you watch several better players that fill the same need get picked in front of you. It makes more common sense to me to take the very best player at a position of great need, rather than trading back and getting someone rated behind him just to say he matched the value of that pick more than the better player did.

I say, with some exceptions (like dropping back a couple picks when you believe you can get the exact same player while picking up a later or future round pick) always grab the better player and be happy you could. Let's be honest, all those ratings are to some degree simply guesses by the pundits who are most times just influenced by each others' guesses.
Or another way to look at it is would you rather have a shot at 5 of the top 150 players or 3 of the top 150?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah sure let’s trade back!!! get Keim more picks to screw up
Great idea

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The problem is, if there is a guy worthy up trading up for, I'm sure the Cards could probably use him as well. If there a slew of similar guys available, then trade back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson