trade proposal (NYK)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
New York gets
Goran Dragic ($7.5M this season, player option through 2016)
Gerald Green (3.5, 2015)
P.J. Tucker (5.7, 2017)
Zoran Dragic (1.8, 2016)
Miles Plumlee (1.2, RFA 2016)
PHO first-round draft pick 2015

Phoenix gets
Carmelo Anthony (22.5, player option 2019)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does one tie a noose? Also, how much weight can a ceiling fan support? I'm a pretty skinny dude but I don't want the thing to break and fall on my head.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be horrified if the Suns made this trade... really horrified.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Anthony is only two years older than Dragic. Weren't we just prepared to commit big money to Dragic, a similarly flawed player with less star power?

Stewie Griffin

Veteran
Reaction score
An overrated ballhog (Melo) for:
1) Yet another guy in the line of "disrespected" players who doesn't want to be here anymore (Goran)
2) A guy who has 3 more months as a Sun (Green)
3) A hard nosed defensive player who isn't at a star level (Tucker)
4) A guy only here because of family connections (Zoran)
5) A player who regressed and is likely to be dealt anyways (Plumlee)
6) A mid-teens pick that will play in Bakersfield next season (pick)

Sure, why the hell not?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Melo's contract...yikes. It doesn't do much for me. I'd rather take a shot at Cousins honestly, but I get that would be tough given SAC isn't on Goran's list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team has absolutely no star power in its front court. No scoring threats. Markeiff once in a while and that's it.
They're all decent players, role players but no one who will rain buckets on the opposition.

The guards are stud quality, even in excess.
We need: a serious defender to play SF, and a points machine at PF.
We were set up perfectly with Stoudemire, Marion, and Nash. And won 62 games and were a #1 seed.
Get Melo, or D Rose, or someone who isn't cut out to be a leader but can score at will. We don't need another coach. Those guys had too much heaped on them on their current teams. Just come in here and give us some buckets. If we'd won those games we keep losing by one or two points, we'd be a third or fourth seed.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
what fun can only be imagined with beldsoe and anthony together but if Len get's it together in the next couple of years, Markieff at PF and whoever else filling in the gaps...we could have something.

I'm not sure why this trade wouldn't at least be considered?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
In general I would not mind to roll the dice on Anthony but this trade is giving up WAY too much.

Without the pick and Plumlee it might be worth considering but still far from a no-brainer.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
New York gets
Goran Dragic ($7.5M this season, player option through 2016)
Gerald Green (3.5, 2015)
P.J. Tucker (5.7, 2017)
Zoran Dragic (1.8, 2016)
Miles Plumlee (1.2, RFA 2016)
PHO first-round draft pick 2015

Phoenix gets
Carmelo Anthony (22.5, player option 2019)

Lets try to deal in reality.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Without the pick and Plumlee it might be worth considering but still far from a no-brainer.

Without the pick and Plumlee, it's just Dragic and filler. Green is gone next year anyway, ZDragic has no value, and Tucker has worn out his welcome.

I guess the question is whether Anthony is considered a positive asset, given his contract and knee issues. If the answer is No, then it makes no sense to acquire him no matter what the price is.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
what fun can only be imagined with beldsoe and anthony together but if Len get's it together in the next couple of years, Markieff at PF and whoever else filling in the gaps...we could have something.

That's what I was thinking. High risk, high reward, but at least the "high reward" part is not utterly inconceivable. At least not to me.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Anthony is really the last resort though...

We would be better served putting together a too good to refuse offer for Cousins or Paul George.

Especially Cousins if the Kings really want Dragic.

Dragic, Dragic, Morris, Morris, Wright, Suns 2015 pick, Lakers top 5 protected pick, Pelicans 2015 pick for Cousins and Thompson
That is 3 lottery picks, Dragic and Markieff for Cousins and a bad contract.

Trade Isaiah Thomas to Houston for Terry and Pelicans Pick

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like Melo, and I would do it.

Goran and Green are gone anyway. I would prefer to get a younger player with star potential though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word is Anthony is likely to sit for the rest of the season. If the Suns are going to go for it all, make an godfather offer to the Kings for Cousins. I would even check out the Nets for the availability of Mason Plumlee.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The word is Anthony is likely to sit for the rest of the season. If the Suns are going to go for it all, make an godfather offer to the Kings for Cousins. I would even check out the Nets for the availability of Mason Plumlee.

I don't think there is any way of obtaining Cousins. Melo is in a "buy low" moment. I do not like Melo that much, but he is clearly a star player. The fact that he is shut down for the rest of the season is a bonus. It makes him even more attainable.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I hate Anthony, but with the right team around him, I could seem him being very useful. Look, we're going to have major issues attracting a star, and Melo may be the closest thing we get.

Get a PF that's entirely focused on defense and a SG that can bomb 3's, and I think it would be an interesting team.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It would actually be the Knicks who likely say no.

I'm not so sure. Their franchise fundamentals are worse than Phoenix's, and Anthony has made it known he's unhappy. Realistically, which team is in a better position to get to the 50-win level fairly quickly? The Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson