Trade Hump?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I love Hump, I kind of been thinking of the idea of trading him.

I feel like Josh Jones has been just as good, if not, better(& cheaper) since his move to LT. I really do not want Keim to be the one to get the picks back, though.

What do you think?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

I feel like Josh Jones has been just as good, if not, better(& cheaper) since his move to LT. I really do not want Keim to be the one to get the picks back, though.

What do you think?
Really shocked you posted this. Keim ain’t going anywhere so unless we are trading player for player, you’re proposing Keim get more picks?

Are you ok?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What do you think?
4-8 with, 4-8 without him.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not opposed to it.. but you aren’t going to get much value for him at this point. He’s never been an All Pro let alone a top 10 tackle in the league. Most lists had him ranked in the bottom 24-32 ranked starter at LT entering the season. Seemed to be doing solid this year (which I was happy w, being he looked like crap last year). Now you’d have to say he’s had injury issues. Kinda stuck w him bc of the new extension.. bc if you trade him you are going to get pennies on the dollar value wise bc of the above.

If someone is desperate what are we going to get as the top value? A 3rd round pick - maybe? This isn’t the Orlando Brown, who went for a very late 1st (31st) some spare picks for him and a 2nd round pick. Orlando was also a 24 year old stud at the time who replaced Staley while injured for the season.

Even myself a non-Humphries fan see more value of him as our starting LT for the next few years than a wishful 3rd round pick at best.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really shocked you posted this. Keim ain’t going anywhere so unless we are trading player for player, you’re proposing Keim get more picks?

Are you ok?
C’mon man, did you just ignore the part about Keim hopefully not being the one to get the picks?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
C’mon man, did you just ignore the part about Keim hopefully not being the one to get the picks?
I saw that, but you know as well as I that he’s going to be here to make that pick. Unless we trade with the Rams for their 2047 first rounder.

I do like your idea though. Jones has played really well in DJ’s absence.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Depends on how JJ looks down the stretch and what Hump would fetch on the market. I don’t see him bringing back enough to make it worth it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot who this was. I should’ve known better.
Probably should have. But I answered your question so I don’t know why you had to get sarcastic.
I’ll go further. When your team is 4-8 (or 5/12) nobody on the team should be untouchable unless cap ramifications won’t allow it.
Capeesh?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how JJ looks down the stretch and what Hump would fetch on the market. I don’t see him bringing back enough to make it worth it.
If JJ finishes the season strong and we get a new GM/Coach who can get a 2nd or 3rd for Hump, I do it in a nanosecond.

So many homes to fill. If we can get draft capital while not actually losing anything at LT if Jones can step in, I’m all for it unless it’s #MillerKeim calling the shots.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If JJ finishes the season strong and we get a new GM/Coach who can get a 2nd or 3rd for Hump, I do it in a nanosecond.

So many homes to fill. If we can get draft capital while not actually losing anything at LT if Jones can step in, I’m all for it unless it’s #MillerKeim calling the shots.
Well, Keim did draft Jonesy, but I want him gone because for whatever reason he cannot draft a guard which is a less complex evaluation

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um, Jones is taking over for beachum, who is really old in football terms, and we have no viable backups at tackle.

trading away a competent tackle when you have no spares makes no sense to me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Basically, I don't trust Keim to make the most out of the compensation we would receive and I have no idea who else would be making the decision so until something changes, no for me.