Trade for Garappolo!

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Vacard, Oct 23, 2017.

1. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

not so sure Brees will leave New Orleans...dude is a demi god down there. if they decide to let him go he may just retire.

I am firmly on the rookie band wagon... I have my preference but I dont care which one they draft... just pick a guy and commit to getting him. Then commit to protecting him. If we get a young WR, keep Fitz a bit longer, and DJ gets healthy...a decent o-line makes a rookies development much easier and we can still win games while the kid is learning.

jimmyG,...KCousins.... both will cost somebody $26mil a year...which means no free agents to fill out the roster.

get the rookie...give him the keys,...and make a run while he is still cheap.

2. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

If I were Keim I'd be on the phone with Bellicheat & see if he would bite on a Badger for Jimmy G trade plus picks if needed to make it happen. Get it done before the trade deadline

3. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Cleveland offered multiple 1sts and NE declined. Shelter said he's untouchable and their QBOTF.

No point in talking about it.

4. Buckybird

I'm not buying it.

If Brady does indeed play 4 or 5 more years like he says he wants too at some point JG is leaving.

Unless they ship him off to the pasture like the Niners did Joe, which would cause an huge meltdown in Foxboro.

Logic says the Pats got to get rid of him or let him walk because they can't keep franchising him year after year. He might get franchised once but it won't happen twice I promise u

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  5. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC https://www.ronevansrealty.com

Not sure he'd be willing to do a 5-6 hour commute in his custom car, to Phx, like he's doing in LA.

6. Metcalf Rules

Metcalf Rules Registered

If Rivers gets traded, it would be funny if it was to the Giants for Eli.

7. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Can't understand why Washington would trade him, but I'd rather have their QB.

8. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

I predict the Cards will sign Cousins IF Arians returns as HC. If not, they may just go full re-build and bring in a young QB.

LoyalRam likes this.
  9. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

It's not that Jimmy G isn't possible for a trade next year, it's that NE is going to play this like a smart franchise should. They have an incredible insurance plan for their franchise QB, and they invested a second round pick in him. They already traded away Brissett this year, so Garoppolo is all they have left - but he could potentially win the Super Bowl if Brady got hurt.

If Brady continues past this year, which seems likely, the Pats franchise Jimmy G and end up with a king's ransom in draft picks to the team that wants his rights.

They get an insurance policy, they get picks... game over. No reason to trade him mid season and end up in the godawful situation the Cards are in if they lose Brady.

10. Veer

Veer Registered

It would be so BBesque to jinx Brady after the season if they don't win another Superbowl and have 10+ years of Superbowl glory with Jimmy G leading the Pats.

11. WildBB

WildBB GL - MG!

I want to see the Cardinals commit to and develop their own rookie QB. Pretty darn sure every long term successful franchise cept maybe Frisco, was built this way. And Frisco kept it going on the heels of Montana, who they developed and kept on challenging the Aikman/Smith/Irvin led Cowgirls year after year.

12. Vacard

Vacard Registered

SMH I was ahead of the curve. Too bad Keim didn't jump on it.

Buckybird likes this.
  13. Buckybird

Told ya :moon::moon::moon:

14. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

[​IMG]