Trade for Garappolo!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there is the third QB I said they needed to find somewhere. Guess since he was close by it was convenient.

Not the most exciting signing but as you say, it is convenient.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that at all. Brees is dang good. No signs of any drop-off on his play.

He would be killed behind this offensive line, but he has proven more than Garrapolo so far.

I don't want another aging veteran though, Brees notwithstanding.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals could get three very good years from Brees. Of course, I'd like to see him paired with a different head coach and offensive coordinator...ones who value pass protection.

This. And, they need to draft a possible QBOF to pair with him Mayfield maybe?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
not so sure Brees will leave New Orleans...dude is a demi god down there. if they decide to let him go he may just retire.

I am firmly on the rookie band wagon... I have my preference but I dont care which one they draft... just pick a guy and commit to getting him. Then commit to protecting him. If we get a young WR, keep Fitz a bit longer, and DJ gets healthy...a decent o-line makes a rookies development much easier and we can still win games while the kid is learning.

jimmyG,...KCousins.... both will cost somebody $26mil a year...which means no free agents to fill out the roster.

get the rookie...give him the keys,...and make a run while he is still cheap.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If I were Keim I'd be on the phone with Bellicheat & see if he would bite on a Badger for Jimmy G trade plus picks if needed to make it happen. Get it done before the trade deadline

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I were Keim I'd be on the phone with Bellicheat & see if he would bite on a Badger for Jimmy G trade plus picks if needed to make it happen. Get it done before the trade deadline

Cleveland offered multiple 1sts and NE declined. Shelter said he's untouchable and their QBOTF.

No point in talking about it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Cleveland offered multiple 1sts and NE declined. Shelter said he's untouchable and their QBOTF.

No point in talking about it.
I'm not buying it.

If Brady does indeed play 4 or 5 more years like he says he wants too at some point JG is leaving.

Unless they ship him off to the pasture like the Niners did Joe, which would cause an huge meltdown in Foxboro.

Logic says the Pats got to get rid of him or let him walk because they can't keep franchising him year after year. He might get franchised once but it won't happen twice I promise u

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What about Cousins? He turned down 17 million per, so maybe too expensive?
I predict the Cards will sign Cousins IF Arians returns as HC. If not, they may just go full re-build and bring in a young QB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not that Jimmy G isn't possible for a trade next year, it's that NE is going to play this like a smart franchise should. They have an incredible insurance plan for their franchise QB, and they invested a second round pick in him. They already traded away Brissett this year, so Garoppolo is all they have left - but he could potentially win the Super Bowl if Brady got hurt.

If Brady continues past this year, which seems likely, the Pats franchise Jimmy G and end up with a king's ransom in draft picks to the team that wants his rights.

They get an insurance policy, they get picks... game over. No reason to trade him mid season and end up in the godawful situation the Cards are in if they lose Brady.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
It would be so BBesque to jinx Brady after the season if they don't win another Superbowl and have 10+ years of Superbowl glory with Jimmy G leading the Pats.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The most popular player, when you have a crappy team, seems to always be someone else's backup QB. Personally, I'd much rather roll the dice with a high drafted rookie, than pay a premium for a backup on another team.

The % of success that a rookie is going to have long-term is low, but at least rookie contracts are more reasonable...

The list of backup failures is quite long, in fact I have a hard time finding any/many successes, yet those contracts are usually high $$ and can set a team back just as much, if not more, than a rookie failure.
I want to see the Cardinals commit to and develop their own rookie QB. Pretty darn sure every long term successful franchise cept maybe Frisco, was built this way. And Frisco kept it going on the heels of Montana, who they developed and kept on challenging the Aikman/Smith/Irvin led Cowgirls year after year.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SMH I was ahead of the curve. Too bad Keim didn't jump on it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose