Trade candidates around the league

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you are right about the Cardinals eclipsing the Suns but I still remember the greeting Charles Barkley received at the airport when the Suns traded for him.

IMO, there are a lot of latent Suns fans waiting for a reason to rise.
There are, but they are all 15 years older now. My kids are not nearly as interested. They have lost an entire generation of fans.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There are, but they are all 15 years older now. My kids are not nearly as interested. They have lost an entire generation of fans.

They could win them back by having 4-5 good years.

I remember as a teenager, the Suns were good, but the youth took them for granted.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Health is a reasonable concern but he was pretty healthy last year, and the sun's are supposed to have one of the best medical staffs so it wouldn't scare me too much , his contract as some one above pointed out expires before Ayton / bridges is up so it's not really an issue. He can turn them into a playoff team that's actually a free agent destination again which would be a massive step forward
We don’t have the same trainers anymore.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, that 35 game season at the front of the sample size really depresses the numbers. However, he had surgery again on his knee in April after missing games down the stretch and into the playoffs.

That's a real concern. He always seemed to get hurt before or during the playoffs. Last year during the playoffs he was questionable with the Pistons and that was after he supposedly made changes so that wouldn't happen anymore.

It's almost like he's coached by D'Antoni with how he's constantly broken down in April in though. I know the Suns aren't a playoff team but that would be the expectation if we traded for Griffin so him missing time then would almost make trading for him pointless.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All eyes on Beal.
Does Beal agree to 3 year 111 million dollar extension that the wizards are preparing to offer him

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239171/wizards-offer-beal-3-year-111m-extension

I really don't understand the fascination with Beal here. He's a SG, like Booker, and we shouldn't be looking to run a duel combo guard lineup where neither is a real PG. Beal is more of a PG than Booker but neither is an ideal PG. Their offensive games are too similar to really compliment one another and now that Beal is set for a huge payday, that should end the idea that we'll make a run for him. Paying 2 guys over 50% of the salary cap that haven't led their teams anywhere, proven they could play together, and when their skillsets are redundant is a road to mediocrity. No thanks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand the fascination with Beal here. He's a SG, like Booker, and we shouldn't be looking to run a duel combo guard lineup where neither is a real PG. Beal is more of a PG than Booker but neither is an ideal PG. Their offensive games are too similar to really compliment one another and now that Beal is set for a huge payday, that should end the idea that we'll make a run for him. Paying 2 guys over 50% of the salary cap that haven't led their teams anywhere, proven they could play together, and when their skillsets are redundant is a road to mediocrity. No thanks.

If the Suns were shopping for a legitimate third star, Beal would fit that role.

I agree it would make more sense to pursue a star at another position but stars are hard to find at any position. I'm not saying the Suns should pursue him but if he were available, they could do much worse.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, this franchise hasn’t given the fan base much to cheer for. If they actually fielded even a so-so team you would see such a surge in open suns support. I don’t think the NBA can compete with the NFL in any market anymore. Football without a doubt is America’s darling.

I suspect if the Suns fielded a playoff team there would be plenty of fan support for both teams but they have to earn it.

Probably related to fan support, Cardinals merchandise is readily available in stores while Suns merchandise is hard to find... if it can be found at all.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a shame. Let's hope the axiom holds true, winning cures everything.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My son was all about soccer. Sure he will go to a triple A baseball game with me or the Panthers because its cool. But he really would not go unless I'm paying. He wants to go to the World cup and watch