Total Rumor - Anthony Davis to Suns?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I do not really believe this, but I have seen and heard this making the rounds.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/arti...ren_collison_in_free_agency/s1_14822_29154317

• The Suns could also try to get involved in the pursuit of Pelicans star Anthony Davis, Rankin adds in the same piece. He speculates they could offer Deandre Ayton and the No. 6 pick, along with T.J. Warren, Josh Jackson and Tyler Johnson to help match salaries. While Davis is no lock to re-sign in Phoenix, Rankin thinks it might be worth the risk to prove the organization is serious about winning and to give Davis a chance to develop a rapport with Devin Booker.

Really? We would still be missing PG and PF at the end of the day. Just moving Centers and losing some depth. Why would Davis stay here with the remaining roster as we have it now? We need way more and better pieces for that to happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be a crazy rumors thread so we don't have thread titles like this one. Not that anyone would use it.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting Rankin said Suns willing to go over the cap! THAT is news!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'd be curious who shot down the rumor. Was it Sarver himself?
Just like U.S. Presidents, he is turning gray quickly.

Even if he did, as much as I despise liars, I wouldn't blame him for
issuing a denial if conversations were going on behind the scenes.

C'mon, Bobby Boy. Let's see you do something right. :)
Sometimes rumors trigger action.

I have a feeling that Jerry would be keeping his eye on it,
from a grandfather point of view, to assure that it would
not lead to the team moving to another city.

I would have confidence in Jerry being the conscience of
the Suns at the highest level, and in conjunction with the NBA,
now that he is no longer affiliated
with another NBA team.

I think I'll have pleasant dreams tonight, just hearing the
rumor. :rolleyes:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting Rankin said Suns willing to go over the cap! THAT is news!

It is news but your thread title gives the impression that it's a real possibility. So the idiots (and believe me, there are some) that just read thread titles will wander through the universe passing on what they know. Soon, some blogger on Mars will be passing it off as a done deal.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It is news but your thread title gives the impression that it's a real possibility. So the idiots (and believe me, there are some) that just read thread titles will wander through the universe passing on what they know. Soon, some blogger on Mars will be passing it off as a done deal.
So what should the title be? I used a question mark. Chris Sanders can change it. So you are just mad at the thread title? I thought it was worth it's own thread because it is already all over the internet. I thought we could discuss if it had an validity.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what should the title be? I used a question mark. Chris Sanders can change it. So you are just mad at the thread title? I thought it was worth it's own thread because it is already all over the internet. I thought we could discuss if it had an validity.

I'm not mad and I'm not trying to beat you up over it, sorry if it seems that way. I see so many crazy rumors every day, this place would be hard to navigate if we started a thread for every one of them. But that's just my opinion. I know you put the question mark there to show it wasn't a done deal but like I said, it comes across as if it's something real. If it were me, I'd have just called it "Crazy Rumors" or something like that.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm not mad and I'm not trying to beat you up over it, sorry if it seems that way. I see so many crazy rumors every day, this place would be hard to navigate if we started a thread for every one of them. But that's just my opinion. I know you put the question mark there to show it wasn't a done deal but like I said, it comes across as if it's something real. If it were me, I'd have just called it "Crazy Rumors" or something like that.
Total Rumor - Anthony Davis to Suns?

happy? :)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not really believe this, but I have seen and heard this making the rounds.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/arti...ren_collison_in_free_agency/s1_14822_29154317

Really? We would still be missing PG and PF at the end of the day. Just moving Centers and losing some depth. Why would Davis stay here with the remaining roster as we have it now? We need way more and better pieces for that to happen.
That is not a rumor. It is nothing more than a trade idea concocted by a media member.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The draft is before FA so there’s no way to know if pulling the trigger on that deal would attract another star. If you did know then yeah, easy call.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'd rather see Ayton develop than bring in AD.
I am thinking he fits the timeline, Ayton, better. If AD wanted to come here and would sign a long term deal, It would be very tempting. I think the Pelicans will get a better offer.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's a ridiculous idea that has no chance of happening. We need a new set of words for "rumor" so that we can distinguish between those that have some minimal claim of being sourced, and those that are completely made up.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'd rather trade Booker then Ayton, him and Davis equals best front court in the NBA plus he could help Ayton on defense , of course Davis isn't coming here

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No it isn't. It would be news if they would be willing to pay luxury tax. Sarver has allowed the team to go over the cap before - and if you are familiar with our current salaries there is zero chance this team will not be over the cap in 4 years unless we want to start all over again.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think that James Jones and Monty Williams, along with the positive participation of Jerry Colangelo are going to get us looks from free agents that we thought were unattainable. I am not optimistic we will get any of them, but we will be at least in the conversation.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think that James Jones and Monty Williams, along with the positive participation of Jerry Colangelo are going to get us looks from free agents that we thought were unattainable. I am not optimistic we will get any of them, but we will be at least in the conversation.

I agree. I think at this point we have almost zero chance of getting any of them.

I will say it again - our best half way realistic outcome in free agency is Randle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I think at this point we have almost zero chance of getting any of them.

I will say it again - our best half way realistic outcome in free agency is Randle.

I'd be more than happy with Randle and some average point guard play.