Torey will be here in 22

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
He may not be the biggest problem, but I don't see him as part of the answer either.

Of course if they replace him the people making the decisions that "built" this team would be hiring the new manager.....

So the only real hope is that Kendrick decides to sell and a new owner decides to clean house from top to bottom.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Supposedly management will work with Lovullo to fill out his staff. With management in place now, it doesn't matter who manager is.

Better hope for kids to take big step next year because I doubt money will be spent of FA.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
This whole organization has become a joke.

They have settled for mediocre results and are rewarding the leader of the team for getting more losses than previous seasons. All this to a guy who hasn't even won its division and best was getting 1 playoff win.

Once a season ticket holder, I haven't watched any games this year and don't plan on watching any until major changes are made. Starting with atirey being gone

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The organization rots well above Torey. What bothers me is keeping the guy that can't consistently assign batting roles or positions. Young players need consistency, not constantly changing positions.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to judge a manager when they are given crap to work with.

The rot starts with Kendrick
Yes and no. Torrey hasn’t been given complete crap his entire tenure. The results speak for themselves. He is just not a good manager. Kendrick is horrible and the rot starts there but Torrey is not absolved here…not by as long shot

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this yet another decision that further hurts the organization.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling this will be a lame duck year for Lovullo. Hazen has already said management will play a role in helping fill out the coaching staff and that the plan is to nail down positions next year instead of shuffling guys around, this should usually come from manager.

I'm surprised Torey didn't resign, he should know it's not going to get better for him here. Maybe he can be a bench coach somewhere.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
No quality coaching staff member will want to come here and commit to anything. They know that after Torey gets canned next year, the new manager will come in and want his own guys

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No quality coaching staff member will want to come here and commit to anything. They know that after Torey gets canned next year, the new manager will come in and want his own guys
after the season the dbacks just had, what would warrant a firing after next season? dbacks seem committed to torey.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one could have won a damn thing with the roster he was handed this year. It was a AAA roster at the very best. Torrey is a fine manager. Just like Bob Melvin, AJ Hinch, and all the other guys we keep giving up on who go on to win the World Series after leaving. Lovullo won just fine when he had a major league roster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose