Top offenses

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What does some broad know about football? Big Nose needs to be spending more time learning how to use her makeup. She continually looks like a ghoul. The closer you see her the scarier she looks. Run Forest, Run.

Please excuse my exaggerated hyperbole. It just irks me at times when people refer to her as 'hot'. "Stat girl" is actually 43 yrs old so I expect that she might know more than some of her viewers.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What does some broad know about football? Big Nose needs to be spending more time learning how to use her makeup. She continually looks like a ghoul. The closer you see her the scarier she looks. Run Forest, Run.
Lmao Sissy...
Sometimes you're just so "wrong" ....
And I love it because for once, it ain't me, lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool it. Next time I see something like this, the ban will be 1 month long.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This just reflects all the questions about Kingsbury and whether Murray is entirely Hopkins dependent. The Cards’ guys haven’t made believers of a bunch of people. For me this is a chance to see if Kingsbury is the real deal or just another good salesman.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The book is out on our team

VJ's D doesn't worry OC's because they know the weak areas and VJ does not make adjustments

Same goes for KK. How many of us can predict what play he is going to run from our chair?

I believe this is going to be a long year for us with vanilla game plans and lack of adjustments. The coaches won't change their stripes since they believe they can make it work.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
This just reflects all the questions about Kingsbury and whether Murray is entirely Hopkins dependent. The Cards’ guys haven’t made believers of a bunch of people. For me this is a chance to see if Kingsbury is the real deal or just another good salesman.
"Polarizing" is the word for both K1 and Kliff

Many in the media think Kliff is a lightweight whose offense cannot succeed in the NFL.

they also hit K1 with the Devin Booker criticism: puts up hollow stats but doesn't win.

i tend to end up with this: compare the Cards offensive positions groups with the other playoff teams as they went into the playoffs. Where would each rank? Would any of them be top 3?

OR: was DHop the difference between a top 5 kinda offense for 11 weeks and what we witnessed at the end?

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If he ends up as the salesman, then how do they justify firing him just one or two years into his extension? Has there ever been a HC fired early on into a long contract extension with that meaning in the first two years of it?

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
"Polarizing" is the word for both K1 and Kliff

Many in the media think Kliff is a lightweight whose offense cannot succeed in the NFL.

they also hit K1 with the Devin Booker criticism: puts up hollow stats but doesn't win.

i tend to end up with this: compare the Cards offensive positions groups with the other playoff teams as they went into the playoffs. Where would each rank? Would any of them be top 3?

OR: was DHop the difference between a top 5 kinda offense for 11 weeks and what we witnessed at the end?
I think these are a couple of excellent points to ponder.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whether you find her attractive or not, Cynthia Frelund is pretty damn good at this stuff. I consistently monitor her picks when my Confidence Pools start. And she's consistently at the top making her selections.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am rooting for Kliff I must admit.

Simply because that dude works HARD. He's aged about 10 years in the last 3. He seems happy here and if he cracks the code he could be our version of BB.

He's had 3 years now. I think that's enough "finding his feet". Time to show what he can do.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
All I know is that if you asked me whether Kingsbury or Kyle would be more successful with another team, I think my answer would be Kingsbury at this point. I just "have a feeling" that a lot of Kingsbury's shortcomings are due to Kyler.

Kyler is approaching meme status for me.
I think kliff needs to just forget about kyler. Totally ignore everything that's supposed to make him special.
Game plan every single game as if Colt McCoy is his quarterback.
Then plug in kyler Murray.
That's his recipe for success.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think kliff needs to just forget about kyler. Totally ignore everything that's supposed to make him special.
Game plan every single game as if Colt McCoy is his quarterback.
Then plug in kyler Murray.
That's his recipe for success.
A timing and rhythm offense looks very different when your QB struggles with timing and rhythm. My point is that I think Kliff calls it close but the execution looks very different depending on if it is McCoy or Murray. That isn't to say that Kyler runs it worse, just that he runs it outside of script.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A timing and rhythm offense looks very different when your QB struggles with timing and rhythm. My point is that I think Kliff calls it close but the execution looks very different depending on if it is McCoy or Murray. That isn't to say that Kyler runs it worse, just that he runs it outside of script.
Agree.
But in the games Colt started it was obviously a totally different style and kliff looked his best in that style. With McCoy in we didn't see plays that rely on an athletic quarterback, but a pocket passed.
I used to play with Jeff Garcia, those wily little guys are at their best when their squirrely antics are spontaneous, not designed. It would be in our best interest as a team if the nfl completely forgets kyler is a threat to run...and that will never happen as long as we run rpo's and such.

The game plan was just so much cleaner when it was designed for colt

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i think this is the case.

re-watching games, it seems like:

when coverage matches pre snap read, ball comes out in rhythm.

when coverage doesnt match pre snap: he holds and waits for people to uncover rather than moving to his secondary read

dont know if this is an experience thing, or, who he is.

also what I noticed re-watching games: K1 covers up a lot of shaky pass pro

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Also....
Our WR's don't run scramble drill. I saw Moore break off and work his way back to kyler when he was in trouble a few times but our other guys just continued their routes.
If kyler was off script wouldn't the receivers react to that and give him some easier throwing lanes?
The fact they just run their routes regardless of what's happening behind the LoS leads me to believe kyler isn't off script at all

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also....
Our WR's don't run scramble drill. I saw Moore break off and work his way back to kyler when he was in trouble a few times but our other guys just continued their routes.
If kyler was off script wouldn't the receivers react to that and give him some easier throwing lanes?
The fact they just run their routes regardless of what's happening behind the LoS leads me to believe kyler isn't off script at all
They run their routes because they don't expect it to be off-script. You have to let a certain amount of time within your route before you look to see what is happening. Chemistry also goes into this and I don't know that WRs have a good idea of what Murray wants out of them. Both Green, Fitz, and Hopkins have shared this.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agree.
But in the games Colt started it was obviously a totally different style and kliff looked his best in that style. With McCoy in we didn't see plays that rely on an athletic quarterback, but a pocket passed.
I used to play with Jeff Garcia, those wily little guys are at their best when their squirrely antics are spontaneous, not designed. It would be in our best interest as a team if the nfl completely forgets kyler is a threat to run...and that will never happen as long as we run rpo's and such.

The game plan was just so much cleaner when it was designed for colt
Less designed runs for Colt obviously but Colt knew how to figure out the pre-snap reads, knew how to verify post-snap and got the ball out very quick to his WRs. Kyler wants to see it before he lets it go for the most part and that leads to a stagnant read progression because every read is one or two beats off.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is that if you asked me whether Kingsbury or Kyle would be more successful with another team, I think my answer would be Kingsbury at this point. I just "have a feeling" that a lot of Kingsbury's shortcomings are due to Kyler.

Kyler is approaching meme status for me.
Agree

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose