Tommy Lloyd is the Guy

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Took Robbins five days to get his head out of his ass and pull the trigger.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Comes from a good program. Seems to be the right age. Like that he can recruit euro. Hope he puts together a good staff that can recruit the hell outta SoCal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect you'll keep Simpson too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like a good hire. Maybe contract negotiations prolonged the process.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this hire a lot more than some U of A former player who’s got no business coaching at this level yet.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I suspect you'll keep Simpson too.

He gone... Kriisa entered the portal but there’s a solid chance he’s back. The big one is Akinjo who I don’t love as a player but he’s a legit PG.

Idk what Lloyd’s staff will be but it sounds like it won’t include Terry. Maybe he takes another Gonzaga guy but they’ll be in on a bunch of transfers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He gone... Kriisa entered the portal but there’s a solid chance he’s back. The big one is Akinjo who I don’t love as a player but he’s a legit PG.

Idk what Lloyd’s staff will be but it sounds like it won’t include Terry. Maybe he takes another Gonzaga guy but they’ll be in on a bunch of transfers.
Yeah unfortunately akinjo was exactly what he was for Arizona that he was for the Hoyas. A disappointment.

I’d think he would want some connection to Arizona history on his staff, but maybe that’s creating a successor over the shoulder scenario that’s best avoided for a new coach unconnected to the program.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems like a good hire. Maybe contract negotiations prolonged the process.
I read UA tried to get cute and got played by Musselman who leveraged an extension to stay at ARK which is what he wanted all along.

UA is lucky Lloyd didn't just tell them to f off and withdraw his name.

I assume he won't be able to bring Brian Michaelson who is a hot HC candidate himself.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read UA tried to get cute and got played by Musselman who leveraged an extension to stay at ARK which is what he wanted all along.

UA is lucky Lloyd didn't just tell them to f off and withdraw his name.

I assume he won't be able to bring Brian Michaelson who is a hot HC candidate himself.

I think Lloyd was the right choice all along. Arizona ended up getting the best candidate.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Lloyd was the right choice all along. Arizona ended up getting the best candidate.
I agree but they could have very easily have lost him had they continued playing games. He was obviously the best candidate from get go (Musselman wasn't leaving ARK) waiting this long was a mistake, luckily it seems Lloyd really wanted this job.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but they could have very easily have lost him had they continued playing games. He was obviously the best candidate from get go (Musselman wasn't leaving ARK) waiting this long was a mistake, luckily it seems Lloyd really wanted this job.

Yeah. Once I heard Tommy Lloyd was available I kept asking why are they waiting. Not getting Musselman is likely a blessing in disguise.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Robbins and Heeke may have cost us at least three of our players from the roster with their stunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan