Tommy Lloyd has already received a commitment

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TyTy was at the Spring game today and some are saying he could be committing soon.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s currently the dead period of recruiting so Kentucky/Kansas fans were making a stink about his visit. His dad had to go on Twitter and deny he was visiting even though there were pictures of him with other players at the spring game. As long as he doesn’t talk to the coaches it’s nothing.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Meh. I’ll take any competitive advantage we can get. If we don’t land TyTy, our PG situation looks pretty crappy.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nolan Hickman just decommitted from KENT, maybe he's just mad that they offered TyTy. Hopefully, it doesn't indicate that KENT is anticipating a commitment.

TJ

Reaction score
Nolan Hickman just decommitted from KENT, maybe he's just mad that they offered TyTy. Hopefully, it doesn't indicate that KENT is anticipating a commitment.
Hickman claims that he wants to be closer to home. Don’t think it has anything to do with TyTy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hickman claims that he wants to be closer to home. Don’t think it has anything to do with TyTy.

We're being told that it looks more and more like Tyty might be going to UK not Arizona. That Hickman decommitting is part he's homesick and part he thinks UK is recruiting other PG's.

Both UA and ASU are supposed to be frontrunners for Hickman. The guy who recruited him at UK is now an assistant at ASU, and since he's from Washington he may have connections to Jason Terry don't actually know. Also you would assume UW might be involved too.

Tyty should go to UA not UK as was mentioned it almost never works for the West Coast guys going to UK.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder if the overwhelming intl feel of the team will dissuade domestic players like TyTy who may wish to play with kids they know from the circuits.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The video up on Bal makes him look like he has a very nice shot. Very skinny but then he'll be 17 when the season starts so he's young.

Looks to be a nice get.

The rumor is Mark Few is furious with Lloyd for taking kids he was recruiting for Gonzaga and that's why he called off the game with Arizona. If true, Few is being a baby college hoops is big business, you hire a guy like Lloyd in large part because of his overseas recruiting connections. Few couldn't have actually expected him to NOT recruit kids from overseas?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The video up on Bal makes him look like he has a very nice shot. Very skinny but then he'll be 17 when the season starts so he's young.

Looks to be a nice get.

The rumor is Mark Few is furious with Lloyd for taking kids he was recruiting for Gonzaga and that's why he called off the game with Arizona. If true, Few is being a baby college hoops is big business, you hire a guy like Lloyd in large part because of his overseas recruiting connections. Few couldn't have actually expected him to NOT recruit kids from overseas?
I agree. GONZ got Holmgren so no need to ***** over losing a recruit to one of your protégés especially if Lloyd was his lead recruiter while at GONZ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So byebye tyty, huh? Wonder if the overwhelming intl roster influenced the choice.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So byebye tyty, huh? Wonder if the overwhelming intl roster influenced the choice.
Nah, despite the down year UK is in better shape than UA next year with 3 Top 30 recruits coming in and in the running for Jaden Hardy (#2 in 2021 class), they just have more talent overall, domestic or international.

The international kids are considered high level recruits but adjusting to US college game will take time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nah, despite the down year UK is in better shape than UA next year with 3 Top 30 recruits coming in and in the running for Jaden Hardy (#2 in 2021 class), they just have more talent overall, domestic or international.

The international kids are considered high level recruits but adjusting to US college game will take time.
Not surprised to see a kid choose Cal and Kentucky over zona and a new coach, but I do think playing with an almost entirely intl team comes into play.

I’ve always thought tapping the intl talent pool was a great idea, but seeing what’s transpiring in a little worried Arizona may become too dependent upon it. NCAA hoops bread and butter is still domestic kids. And we’ve seen before they like playing with guys they know from the circuits (even if they played against them).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would be a big surprise if UK gets Hardy. The general opinion is G league, and if he goes to college UCLA. Most people at UCLA think it's G league. Never say never but it appears his interest in UK peaked quite awhile ago.

UCLA has 2 guys on the roster who have been friends with Hardy growing up, McClendon the incoming freshman guard is one, the other is PG Tyger Campbell who lived in Vegas for several years and is good friends with both Jaden and his older brother Amauri who played at Oregon last year. Cronin has lots of ties in Vegas too.

But virtually nobody that follows UCLA expects Hardy to play college ball

TJ

Reaction score
Kylan Boswell. Let’s see if he is 2022 or sticks with 2023

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kylan Boswell. Let’s see if he is 2022 or sticks with 2023

The 247 folks all seem to think the plan is move up to 22 if he can swing it academically and they seem to think he can.

Good get very good player

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great pickup. Looking forward to seeing who Lloyd will bring in next.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose