Tommie Harris def. end ?

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
I read that Harris should be put at right de because of his speed and lack of size.The article said he could be another Strahan if a team would commit to playing him at de and not moving him back and forth.I wouldn't take him at #3 but trade down afew spots

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read that Harris should be put at right de because of his speed and lack of size.
He could become another Wendell Bryant.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by abcard
I read that Harris should be put at right de because of his speed and lack of size.The article said he could be another Strahan if a team would commit to playing him at de and not moving him back and forth.I wouldn't take him at #3 but trade down afew spots

I would think that he would be much better suited outside than inside, given his physique and athleticism. I don't like him at all at DT, but think he would nice at DE. Better for his career and pocketbook.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I watched a lot of Harris. Yes he has talent, and could end up to be a good defensive lineman. From what I saw of him this year I would not take a chance on him with a top ten pick. I don't know what the deal was with his play but he was taken out of the game a lot, he also looked like he took a lot of plays off. One play he looked great and then the next six he didn't look like he was even trying. He seems to be a bit on the lazy side to me. When I watched the DE next to him, a guy by the name of Dan Cody, I was much more impressed with not only Cody's speed and skill but his super high motor as well. I don't think Harris was even the best player on OUs defensive line. I hope that we don't draft him.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
No more "TWEENERS"!! Cards need either a blazing quick DE or a big ol' head-bashing-finger-biting DT. They've got enough of these too slow to play outside too small to play inside guys.

IMHO.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He can and will likely bulk up even before his workout on Pro Day. I don't think he's fast enough to be an edge rusher. He either plays inside or he likely doesn't make it. I agree he is riskier than scouts are assessing him to be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson