Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. Just shows that you can't believe anything you read in the media, yet most people buy it hook, line and sinker. Like you apparently have. Come on Daren, I give you more credit that THAT.

It has nothing to do with the media. LOL. Katie is so enamored with Scientology and that faith, the first thing she does after getting primary custody for her daughter is enroll her in one of the most prestigious Catholic schools?!?!?!?

Come on Chap. She is obviously distancing herself and her daughter from Scientology. I give YOU more credit than THAT.

Besides it's a fools argument. If the media painted Scientology as rainbows and unicorns you would be all over it. However, any suggestions otherwise and you can't believe the media.

If she was so devoted, she would still be attending Scientology church and taking Suri to one of the Scientology affiliated schools. That is the opposite of what she did and by the way her new school requires Suri to attend daily Catholic mass.

Chap..sometimes 1+1 simply equals 2.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
No matter what you think of Scientology....... Does anyone find it really strange that Katie Holmes had all of this planned? Lawyers in 3 states, her family involved, calling from NYC, etc. How long was she thinking about this? How often did she lie to Tom? Why did she do it when Tom was in another country?

From everything I have read, Tom wasn't an abuser, and he passionately loved his family. It's like she staged a massive pre-meditated coup against their marriage.

In all of this, to me at least, she comes across as cruel, vindictive, conniving, and just down right selfish.

Going out clubbing within weeks? High-profile Catholic school within weeks? Sounds like an epic bitch to me.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what you think of Scientology....... Does anyone find it really strange that Katie Holmes had all of this planned?
Not at all. What, you think she should get a divorce from the uber-wealthy father of her child on a whim? Of course she planned it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this is even a discussion. How many people do you need to hear from? Her parents that said she's never been herself since getting into this odd relationship in the first place? Friends of hers that she distanced herself from at the same time. Her career path completely sidetracked (personally I think she was just about to hit the big time before Tom came along and roles she already had lined up were canceled).

Now is the perfect time to get out - before her daughter enrolled in school. She wanted to break free and control her future as opposed to having been controlled for these past few years.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not at all. What, you think she should get a divorce from the uber-wealthy father of her child on a whim? Of course she planned it.

The way she planned it is my issue. It was as sudden as a guillotine, and as thought out as a black ops strike. How long has her affection been fake?

I don't think any relationship deserves that unless some serious abuse was going on. And if she was clubbing within weeks...... Then emotionally, she was just fine. No remorse whatsoever.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I can't believe this is even a discussion. How many people do you need to hear from? Her parents that said she's never been herself since getting into this odd relationship in the first place? Friends of hers that she distanced herself from at the same time. Her career path completely sidetracked (personally I think she was just about to hit the big time before Tom came along and roles she already had lined up were canceled).

Now is the perfect time to get out - before her daughter enrolled in school. She wanted to break free and control her future as opposed to having been controlled for these past few years.

You have to have two to tango. And if the legend about the contract is true... Then she is just as guilty as he is.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then emotionally, she was just fine. No remorse whatsoever.
That should tell you all you need to know about the relationship. She wanted out, and getting out of a marriage with a guy like Tom Cruise probably isn't easy. I certainly don't judge her (or him) about how the end came.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way she planned it is my issue. It was as sudden as a guillotine, and as thought out as a black ops strike. How long has her affection been fake?

I don't think any relationship deserves that unless some serious abuse was going on. And if she was clubbing within weeks...... Then emotionally, she was just fine. No remorse whatsoever.

Don't completely agree. Even if Tom wasn't abusive (I don't think he was) many reports said he was very controlling and often let the Church intervene in their marriage.

To me this seems calculated so she could make a clean break without Tom or the Church trying to intervene.

if nobody knows, how do you know it's "WRONG"?

Exactly. That's why I said it was a fools argument.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

me thinks the Scientology of it all is what precipitated a lot of her moves. I know Chap will argue vehemently against this theory, but I believe the Church to be pretty cult-like and has been linked to a lot of unscrupulous activity with people trying to leave. Now, consider a woman who's trying to leave arguably it's highest profile member and maybe there's a reason she had to do this this way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but the bottom line is... no one's really knows. But it's fun to speculate and waste time while I wait for notes on my script/count down the hours to TDKR IMAX tomorrow morning.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't know enough about her life or family life to make a judgement. I am just jaded to the fact that they had to be "in love" at some point and that if you respect that, you won't let it become a massive underhanded plot.

Maybe I just don't know. :shrug:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't know enough about her life or family life to make a judgement. I am just jaded to the fact that they had to be "in love" at some point and that if you respect that, you won't let it become a massive underhanded plot.

Maybe I just don't know. :shrug:
As someone that once had to "escape" a really bad marriage, I can understand what she did, if she felt she needed to escape from it. I lied right up until the end. Then, on a day I knew he'd be gone for a few hours, I had my brother come, help me pack all my stuff, and tried to get out before he got back.

He wasn't physically abusive, but I would definitely say he was psychologically abusive, and very good at it. Part of that was always, always, always convincing me to stay. I COULDN'T tell him that I was leaving, or it never would have happened.

She very well may have been in the same kind of position. It IS sad, but sometimes it's necessary.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose