Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Does anyone REALLY think this is it? The ending could wrap things up, sure. It also could be taken as, the adventures are about to begin. Wouldn't be surprised if this one goes longer.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Does anyone REALLY think this is it? The ending could wrap things up, sure. It also could be taken as, the adventures are about to begin. Wouldn't be surprised if this one goes longer.

Since it is based on books (and there have been movies of an older Ryan) it kind of has to end that way. But the parties involved have been pretty adamant that this is the end of this ideation of Jack Ryan. There have been rumors though of a spin off show focusing on the Michael Peña character.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Since it is based on books (and there have been movies of an older Ryan) it kind of has to end that way. But the parties involved have been pretty adamant that this is the end of this ideation of Jack Ryan. There have been rumors though of a spin off show focusing on the Michael Peña character.
Yeah, I was wondering. That final scene and the they point out the team, seemed like it was staged on purpose. I could see that going forward with the four left.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Meh, pass on that as its own show.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My $.02.... not a single compelling character in the whole thing. Basically, who cares about any of these people or how it turns out?

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season or the entire series?

Well, if I say the entire series, I figure you'll say... ok *******, why did you watch it all??? I watched the 1st season because I thought, ok that's great... a new action thriller, I'm in. I watched the 2nd season just because. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember the 3rd season. My wife was into it and she wanted to watch season 4... so I sat through it, basically bored. Bottom line is Krasinski did nothing for me. Not nerdy enough to be a Dr and not strong enough to be an action hero... he ain't no Jack Bauer. What's to like? The overall plot line was good, but holy mackerel, I know it's the movies but man, the story lines were ridiculous, not the least of which... Croatian hookers who've never been on a boat rescuing them? getting a plane from the Thai Air Force... didn't show what the real threat was until the very end, that was Jack's girlfriend, rilly???...c'mon man. Pena not believable either. I didn't much care for him in Narcos so that probably had something to do with it.

So, why did I bother to write this about a program I didn't even like? To tell you to watch this... Deadloch... a murder comedy with lesbian cops set in Tasmania!! More fun than Jack Ryan, imo

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deadlock it is!

It's ridiculous, but they know it's ridiculous.... everyone is either the C word or a w**k*r or both. Eddie, the detective sent to help with the investigation is worth the price of a ticket

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA