Today's Levi Thread: Levi to IR

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Levi Brown on IR.

Doh! Ooh wee, that PITT pick is going to be SO upgraded!

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers @steelers
We have placed Levi Brown and David Johnson on IR.

"See you want me to hustle, this is what happens."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
injured in pre game warmups

Great segway from the other thread about how having no warm ups gets people hurt

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
From the "Top Ten Ways to not be a good NFL team" file:

the Cardinals first round draft choices from 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 are no longer on the team.

Further-- the picks from 2006, 2007 and 2009 (Leinart, Brown and Wells) are likely done in the NFL.

Think of that: five first round draft choices, all of whom should be in the prime of their careers -- gone. You dont even need a 100% hit rate: just 60% in round 1 and think how much better this team is.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the "Top Ten Ways to not be a good NFL team" file:

the Cardinals first round draft choices from 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 are no longer on the team.

Further-- the picks from 2006, 2007 and 2009 (Leinart, Brown and Wells) are likely done in the NFL.

Think of that: five first round draft choices, all of whom should be in the prime of their careers -- gone. You dont even need a 100% hit rate: just 60% in round 1 and think how much better this team is.
if levi was left at RT he would likely be fine and still on the team

DRC and rolle were traded for peanuts but are still starters.

Not a good way to build for sure.

this years first rounder looked awesome before he got hurt, lets hope the new GM does much better

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
if levi was left at RT he would likely be fine and still on the team

DRC and rolle were traded for peanuts but are still starters.

Not a good way to build for sure.

this years first rounder looked awesome before he got hurt, lets hope the new GM does much better

Antrel Rolle was not traded.

On March 4, 2010, the Cardinals, in order to avoid a $4 million roster bonus, released Rolle.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The Cards are better off without Levi no matter the compensation, nuff said!!! :D

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

the last three years have been better: Williams looks to be a solid, if not spectacular, interior d-lineman. Peterson is a star. Cooper looked the part prior to injury.

What we dont know is this: Was the "list" that Keim put together a good ranking that Graves / Whis choose poorly from --- or was the list poor from the start?

I sure hope Mike B went back and compared the raw rankings done by Keim to how those players really turned out. Lots of people, for example, thought Adrian Peterson was a better choice than Levi -- but what I want to know is if they thought that, lets say, Andy Levitre was higher rated than Beanie Wells ---

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This may or may not mean we don't receive competition. But my guess is that it simply means we'll get the lowest rung of compensation.

Since it's IR, I wonder if he tore his triceps again. (or the other one).

Looks like we got out from under a mistake in the nick of time. Had we not traded him, he still probably would of hurt his triceps, and we'd be stuck with him.

We got off the Levi train at the last stop.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the last three years have been better: Williams looks to be a solid, if not spectacular, interior d-lineman. Peterson is a star. Cooper looked the part prior to injury.

What we dont know is this: Was the "list" that Keim put together a good ranking that Graves / Whis choose poorly from --- or was the list poor from the start?

I sure hope Mike B went back and compared the raw rankings done by Keim to how those players really turned out. Lots of people, for example, thought Adrian Peterson was a better choice than Levi -- but what I want to know is if they thought that, lets say, Andy Levitre was higher rated than Beanie Wells ---

I dont think those players didnt deserve to be in the first round and/or wouldnt have been selected in the first round by another team. We just made poor decisions on who to draft, they were all first rounders either way. (maybe not chris wells but that is the back of the round anyway)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
i thought he was part of the kerry rhodes deal :shrug: guess not

Nope.

Like Rugby said he was cut to avoid escalator clauses that would've kicked in much like Levi when he was shown the door...too bad the Cards didn't realize he sucked ass & got burned twice by ol #75 :bang:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
i thought he was part of the kerry rhodes deal :shrug: guess not

We got Kerry Rhodes with the 4th round pick that we got for Anquan Boldin.

You know the trade where we took one of the most productive and fan favorite players, and gave him away for absolutely nothing, because we had to free up cap space to waste on bottom of the barrel NFL talent like Adam Snyder, Kevin Kolb, Bradley Stewart, Travis LaBoy, and the list goes on and on.

LOL - really like player transactions if you cannot tell. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure we will see Levi at guard next year.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two teams in NY. ;)
lmao

where am i today
We got Kerry Rhodes with the 4th round pick that we got for Anquan Boldin.

You know the trade where we took one of the most productive and fan favorite players, and gave him away for absolutely nothing, because we had to free up cap space to waste on bottom of the barrel NFL talent like Adam Snyder, Kevin Kolb, Bradley Stewart, Travis LaBoy, and the list goes on and on.

LOL - really like player transactions if you cannot tell. :D
ugh

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson