Today’s Rumor: What a Difference a Day Makes

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Talk about throwing a monkey wrench, the warrants for Jalen Carter have blown up all the draft projections. Speculation runs from some believing he still goes top 5 to others like myself, who believe he could well drop beyond round 1 if more significant charges are lodged after investigation. If Anderson is gone before the Cards pick and charges remain misdemeanors, do the Cards take Carter? If not seems likely Seattle will. I say trade down, but it’s controversial.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Talk about throwing a monkey wrench, the warrants for Jalen Carter have blown up all the draft projections. Speculation runs from some believing he still goes top 5 to others like myself, who believe he could well drop beyond round 1 if more significant charges are lodged after investigation. If Anderson is gone before the Cards pick and charges remain misdemeanors, do the Cards take Carter? If not seems likely Seattle will. I say trade down, but it’s controversial.
Zero chance Monti hangs his first, 1st round pick on a player with "questionable", at best, character. With a different, more veteran, coaching staff? Maybe...but zero chance in 2023, with a young, rookie coaching staff.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Sometimes theses types of incidents in one’s life become a “wake-up call”. Known more than a few I went to high school with that turned 180 from it. I also know others that it was the beginning of a downward spiral toward the “gutter”. Which one will JC choose? Time will tell. Hopefully not the Cardinals time…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless something comes out more than the charges already filed I don't see this effecting his draft stock.

This isn't the only bit of info teams have about him. They will already have plenty of good feedback from various sources about him. They aren't going to let one youthful mistake like racing derail that.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Although this situation is much more serious, I can see this being another Warren Sapp situation. He will drop to the mid first round and turn into a perennial All Pro/HOF'er

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wrote this on another thread that the good news for him is that the draft is almost 2 months away which gives him plenty of time to fix it. His agent better be a good PR guy.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
I cannot see Monti with his first pick, 3rd overall, on someone with this momentary lapse in judgement. Monti is likely thinking, "how dedicated is he to football?"
If we are building a culture of new players who live and breath football; don't think his actions fit with the culture. Someone will draft him high, too much talent....it will not be the Cards at 3.