Today’s Rumor (3/20/23) - Three teams have approached the Cardinals about the #3 pick

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The QB class this year likely pales in comparison to next year's. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are significantly better than any QB in this year's draft and it isn't even close.

Going to be hilarious when this class ends up having better NFL careers than the 2024 QB class.
Ya know..

People thought Watson and Mahomes were 2nd round rounders being overdrafted in comparison to the Darnold/Rosen sure fire draft.

So yea you never know.

Idk what’s the difference between Richardson and Josh Allen when he came out?

Both have cannon arms. Physical specimens, ram a pro-style offense in college. Both were inaccurate coming out.
Allen started 3 full seasons of football (Juco)

Richardson is talented, but just doesnt look like he's knows how to play throw from throw, drive to drive yet.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Get more from Indy or more from trading the pick with a team below #4?
Yes but lose Anderson unless it’s Seattle and they make a Gentleman’s agreement Seattle won’t take him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Both have cannon arms. Physical specimens, ram a pro-style offense in college. Both were inaccurate coming out.

If anything Richardson is better.

That doesn't mean every guy can be Josh Allen. But I wouldn't be so confident about being sure he will suck.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Would you like to do an avatar bet on this one? I'm willing to bet Richardson never comes close to reaching Josh Allen status.

I wouldn't bet that because I don't think it. What I said was that Richardson is probably better now than Allen was when he was drafted.

Similar mechanic and accuracy issues but AR is a better athlete and played at a much better program in a much better division.

At the same time nobody can say that "he's like Allen" about every athletic low accuracy QB coming out. Allen is probably like 1 in a 100.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet that because I don't think it. What I said was that Richardson is probably better now than Allen was when he was drafted.

Similar mechanic and accuracy issues but AR is a better athlete and played at a much better program in a much better division.

At the same time nobody can say that "he's like Allen" about every athletic low accuracy QB coming out. Allen is probably like 1 in a 100.
Ah, thanks for the clarity. It didn't read that way :thumbup:

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously a lot depends on the "Player" in some of those scenarios. Both the Commanders and the Falcons have some good young talent.

Players that would intrigue me enough to move down:
Johnathan Allen - Still only 28 and a really solid D Lineman. He would be an upgrade over Zach Allen.
Chase Young- Coming back from injury, but could be the DE that we need. Was as hyped, if not more than Anderson.
AJ Terrell- would be CB #1 for us but will need big money soon.
Chris Lindstrom- I would take him in place of a mid round pick. Hes a solid guard and would be our best lineman next season.

If we got offered a player that would become part of our core....as well as staying in the top 1/2 of this years draft, and getting a 2024 first rounder from what should be a bad team....That is one of the only scenarios where I don't take Anderson.

I could easily see the Commanders drafting Richardson or Levis and being HORRIBLE next year...and I think we are about a 3-4 win team at best realistically. We could be looking at 2 top 5 picks, in a draft with at least 2 very hyped up QB prospects.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It's game experience but skill set is similar to Lamar, Hurts and Allen for sure. What I understand is that most of Richardson's accuracy issues are deemed mechanical due to his lower half.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what i am kinda curious about:

IF its SEA that jumps to 3 to take a QB, who does Indy take? Anderson probably?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose