Today’s Rumor (03/22) - Cards are making Indy sweat it out

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What if the Colts aren’t sold on QB #3? Very possible Especially given the draft capital it’s going to cost. Hmmm. Exactly why I said a few weeks ago, don’t be shocked if Lamar Jackson gets plucked for those 2 first rounders. Are the Ravens sold on him? They did make him available with the non exclusive tag
With the prototype quarterbacks Indy traditionally drafts i just cant see them giving 200mil guaranteed and 2 1st rd picks for Lamar... seems they are more likely to gamble #4 on Levis....or trade to 3 for the same.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
With the prototype quarterbacks Indy traditionally drafts i just cant see them giving 200mil guaranteed and 2 1st rd picks for Lamar... seems they are more likely to gamble #4 on Levis....or trade to 3 for the same.
Not a chance in hell he gets a guaranteed contract! Most likely won’t happen again after the Browns got foolish. Probably won’t get 200 mil either. That’s the reason the Ravens tagged him with the exclusive rights tag & hasn’t got a deal worked with him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand the argument that James Conner and Zach Ertz are so important to building a winning culture but Budda Baker can be sacrificed on the altar of cap space.

You know why. Conner and Ertz lose money by moving on. Budda saves money.

The issue isn't losing Ertz and Conner's leadership. It's losing it for no good reason.

We trade Budda this year we can get picks and add $24m to next years cap space with rollover.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just another frustrating part of boycotting free agency this year so far. Budda is the face of the franchise and the smart football move next season will be shipping him off. The blowback of another bad season coupled with getting rid of the face of the franchise is going to put some real pressure on Monti. I can't see Budda wanting to take less, and I don't see the justification of extending a 28 year old S at a rate of 17 per year.

If you didn't have me on ignore you would know I created a thread on this very topic earlier this week :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've changed my mind about trading down past 4. Heard an analyst say Will Anderson is a bigger Micah Parsons. I don't want to pass on that level of production short of getting 3 first round picks.
He isn't a Parsons. If he was, he probably would be drafted #1.

Buckybird

Reaction score
He isn't a Parsons. If he was, he probably would be drafted #1.
You mean the same Parsons who didn’t sack the QB much in college? Yeah I know the reasons why, but to think Will can’t be the same type of player going forward is ignoring his talent!!! Proven talent vs less productive talent in this draft class.

Btw Parsons didn’t go #1 either. Lol

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone should be compared to Parsons b/c he’s a unicorn. It’s rumored he’s no more than 250 lbs and has 31” in arms. He’s just one of those freaks you see once every decade.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the same Parsons who didn’t sack the QB much in college? Yeah I know the reasons why, but to think Will can’t be the same type of player going forward is ignoring his talent!!! Proven talent vs less productive talent in this draft class.
Yep.
Nobody knew what Parsons was at the time either. It is like arguing that Brady wouldn't be picked number 1 overall if they knew what he was.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Yep.

Nobody knew what Parsons was at the time either. It is like arguing that Brady wouldn't be picked number 1 overall if they knew what he was.
It just came across as you were saying one thing & then contradicting it in another. No biggie either way because I think the Cards are making a mistake passing on Will Anderson which it looks like they will do.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just came across as you were saying one thing & then contradicting it in another. No biggie either way because I think the Cards are making a mistake passing on Will Anderson which it looks like they will do.
If you think it’s a mistake then they are likely making the right choice. :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And Parsons had some character issues at Penn State. But, stuff like that doesn’t matter to the Dallas Cowboys.

Reaction score
I don't understand the argument that James Conner and Zach Ertz are so important to building a winning culture but Budda Baker can be sacrificed on the altar of cap space.
Who has made this argument? I haven't seen anyone advocating for trading Budda but not releasing or trading Ertz & Conner. Ertz & Conner would create a big cap hit if gone this year so I don't see that happening. Is a board wide thing that's saying this or just one person? If it's only one person then why worry about understanding it?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Agree on Ertz. Not sure why all the hate on Conner(not just you) he is a beast all heart. It isn’t like the line opens any running room for him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agree on Ertz. Not sure why all the hate on Conner(not just you) he is a beast all heart. It isn’t like the line opens any running room for him.
Because Conner is all heart with very limited talent. He doesn't have speed or moves. And he's being paid a laughably giant contract for any RB, let alone a limited, older, injury-prone RB. That will garner a lot of resentment.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because Conner is all heart with very limited talent. He doesn't have speed or moves. And he's being paid a laughably giant contract for any RB, let alone a limited, older, injury-prone RB. That will garner a lot of resentment.
Giant contract?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
$1m more than David Montgomery just got with a very similar career so far is "giant"

And Montgomery hasn't had a 20 TD season.
The hyperbole on this board is maddening, as is confirmation bias. Those who were against Conner coming here have been mostly proven wrong. Doesn't mean the contract for Conner was smart, but it's nowhere close to as egregious as many other contracts. Ertz's contract was probably even worse.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The hyperbole on this board is maddening, as is confirmation bias. Those who were against Conner coming here have been mostly proven wrong. Doesn't mean the contract for Conner was smart, but it's nowhere close to as egregious as many other contracts. Ertz's contract was probably even worse.

His floor was probably $6m. Edmonds got $6.25m the same year.

All the arguing over a mil. People thinking he was going to get $3m after a 18 TD 1200 scrimmage yard season are bonkers.

Stout

Reaction score
Giant contract?
He's making, what, 9 million? For J freaking C? At his age, with his injury history, and with his limited abilities? Yes, that would be a giant contract. Yes, when that is like twice or three time as much as Philly is paying their entire RB room. That isn't hyperbole. Sorry not sorry.

Stout

Reaction score
lol No.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose