Today’s Rumor (03/22) - Cards are making Indy sweat it out

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Why haven’t the Cards taken a deal if they really want to trade down. Even Kiper believes in the Indy trade, “This trade down likely would give Arizona the Colts' second- and third-rounders (Nos. 35 and 79) at the very least, giving it a bunch of capital to make upgrades.” The Cards are sweating the Colts who must get a QB to keep their fans hopeful. The Cards are absolutely sure the top picks go QB, as will Indy. So going down one spot lets the Cards take Anderson or get a huge return from teams who want the fourth QB or even a team that feels Anderson is their missing piece. Waiting for Indy still leaves the Cards in the driver’s seat.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't Jackson his own rep, so now he's being reported on in the 3rd person? lol
I heard from a reliable source.....me......that Lamar Jackson......me.........will be reaching out to teams and that Jackson.....still me......is ready to move on. He....which is also me...will be seeking a guaranteed contract.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Why haven’t the Cards taken a deal if they really want to trade down. Even Kiper believes in the Indy trade, “This trade down likely would give Arizona the Colts' second- and third-rounders (Nos. 35 and 79) at the very least, giving it a bunch of capital to make upgrades.” The Cards are sweating the Colts who must get a QB to keep their fans hopeful. The Cards are absolutely sure the top picks go QB, as will Indy. So going down one spot lets the Cards take Anderson or get a huge return from teams who want the fourth QB or even a team that feels Anderson is their missing piece. Waiting for Indy still leaves the Cards in the driver’s seat.
Wouldn't today's rumor and Friday's rumor (Indy Rumor from a Good Source - Cards not active in Free Agency due to trading down) constitute as the same rumor?

Look, I'd like more picks as much as the next guy but if the Colts give up their entire draft (rounds 1,2,&3) to gamble on QB #3 and QB #3 ends up sucking bigfoot balls then the Colts GM is done dot com - I know I wouldn't risk my job like that - especially when Lamar Jackson makes a more sense

And if the Colts do land Lamar, it will probably be the Ravens picking at #4

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't today's rumor and Friday's rumor (Indy Rumor from a Good Source - Cards not active in Free Agency due to trading down) constitute as the same rumor?

Look, I'd like more picks as much as the next guy but if the Colts give up their entire draft (rounds 1,2,&3) to gamble on QB #3 and QB #3 ends up sucking bigfoot balls then the Colts GM is done dot com - I know I wouldn't risk my job like that - especially when Lamar Jackson makes a more sense

True. And looking for a QB of the future.

Last edited:

KiwiCard

Rookie
Reaction score

Ravens be interested to move up to three for a QB? Mind you they're probably just as likely to take Anderson jr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Honestly, If I'm running the Cardinals, I don't make a trade until I'm on the clock.

Make them BELIEVE that we are considering trading down and that they might miss out on their target.

Generally, teams in the top five have zeroed in on the guy they think they are going to get.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Honestly, If I'm running the Cardinals, I don't make a trade until I'm on the clock.

Make them BELIEVE that we are considering trading down and that they might miss out on their target.

Generally, teams in the top five have zeroed in on the guy they think they are going to get.
I dunno. If you're being offered a second and third to move down one spot, I'm taking that. The risk that the Colts decide it's not worth the risk and sign someone like Lamar is worth that potential reward of getting, like, a 2024 first from someone picking in the top 10 but outside the top 5 but not getting the third rounder this year.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals cannot afford to lose our on Will Anderson. So Colts know they are no picking a QB and not moving outside of top 5. They are locked in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose