TO still doesn’t get it!

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
He's a colossal self absorbed dick. He blames the media for their representation of his character but used/uses the media to display the exact character the media represented.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I did not agree with him not attending the Hall of Fame ceremony, but I can accept his actions out of respect for a man who feels misunderstood and it was an act to qualify what he believes... the fact that he then throws his own 'ceremony' is about as selfish as it gets and makes him completely understood, he's a selfish egotistical prick

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had over 3,000 people show up...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

and he had them all stand up;

"Was it bit T.O. much at times, down to his having almost everyone inside McKenzie Arena stand to be recognized as outcasts, misunderstood, isolated or bullied?"

Now that is a downer. Mass victimization?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not agree with him not attending the Hall of Fame ceremony, but I can accept his actions out of respect for a man who feels misunderstood and it was an act to qualify what he believes... the fact that he then throws his own 'ceremony' is about as selfish as it gets and makes him completely understood, he's a selfish egotistical prick

Well, this so-called "selfish egotistical prick" didn't lie about a murder (Ray Lewis); get busted for drugs and have a penchant for child prostitutes (L. Taylor) or been accused of domestic battery multiple times (Jim Brown).

Just sayin'

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, this so-called "selfish egotistical prick" didn't lie about a murder (Ray Lewis); get busted for drugs and have a penchant for child prostitutes (L. Taylor) or been accused of domestic battery multiple times (Jim Brown).

Just sayin'
[emoji817]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I actually think T.O does get it:
Report: Hall of Fame considers requiring inductees to show up

But we’re in an era where facts take a back seat to feelings, and that’s the issue here: hurt feelings. The Hall of Fame voters were hurt that Owens called out the hypocrisy, and want to make sure nothing like this ever happens again … even though the easiest way to do that would be to vote in deserving players in the first place.

It’s very simple: the Hall of Fame is for the players. There’s no Hall of Fame for Hall of Fame voters. In theory, players ought to be able to do whatever they want during their induction ceremonies – walk onstage wearing a gold jacket and a bear costume, wear a political protest tie, even – here’s a wild idea – strap on a wireless mic and turn the induction ceremony into a revival meeting. The Hall of Fame is the province of the players, not the voters and the administration.

Look, Halls of Fame in general are silly things, more fit for bar arguments than serious discussion. But turning something that’s already a sidelight to the game itself into a petty pissing match because of hurt feelings? Well, friend, that ain’t what football’s about, not at all. And if nothing else, the Hall is proving Owens right at every turn.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-hall-fame-considers-requiring-inductees-show-150720895.html

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
At this point I really don't care about this. I have never watched one HOF induction ceremony. I have never watched a HOF game outside of when the Cardinals played in one. I couldn't even tell you who was inducted this year. This is much ado about nothing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... how little does it say about everyone's excitement about this season when this thread has 70 more responses than the red and white scrimmage thread?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Just sayin'

How does the greater faults of other guys cancel out the fact he is a selfish megalomaniac? I just cannot make concessions on character when it's about the individual... but you are right, there are a score of less than flattering individuals in the Hall of Fame but I do still feel they all deserve to be there since it's about football, but man these guys sure leave a sorry taste in the collective legacy of the sport

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just sayin'
You're not wrong. But Owens, as usual, has to make everything about him. He was never a team player.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score

Just sayin'

You left out ... actually commit a murder (O J).

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
If your opinion varies, I'll assume you usually wear little red ball caps, it would fit.

DWKB - I posted without looking at context (never ignore context). Since you have a quite tremendous Stokely Carmichael quote there... I have to assume your original post was sarcasm... and therefore withdraw my comment.