TJ Warren

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those numbers are finally beginning to grab the attention of experts across the country. Over at Sports Illustrated, Jeremy Woo recently named Warren as one of five late bloomers who are worth the hype.

“One clear early candidate for Most Improved Player is T.J. Warren, who has evolved into a consistent offensive role and emerged as a legitimate second scorer next to Devin Booker,” Woo wrote. “Warren’s never been known as a jump shooter, but has spotted up effectively and added a welcome dimension to a slightly wonky mixed bag of offensive tricks—floaters, dribble fadeaways and shots off the glass.”

The list also includes Julius Randle of the Lakers, Otto Porter of the Wizards, Jusuf Nurkic of the Nuggets and Zach LaVine of the Timberwolves.
http://www.nba.com/suns/blog/sports-illustrated-lists-tj-warren-early-most-improved-player-candidate

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What illness is going to keep him out long enough that PHX has called up Jones Jr? I mean why can't Tucker and Dudley (if need be) fill in for him unless he is going to be out for a while and that is unfortunate as his injury woes seem to continue.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What illness is going to keep him out long enough that PHX has called up Jones Jr? I mean why can't Tucker and Dudley (if need be) fill in for him unless he is going to be out for a while and that is unfortunate as his injury woes seem to continue.

I'd just as soon the Suns play Derrick Jones at SF than Tucker or Dudley. At least I would find it more interesting to see a youngster play. The Suns know what they have in the the other two players.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd just as soon the Suns play Derrick Jones at SF than Tucker or Dudley. At least I would find it more interesting to see a youngster play. The Suns know what they have in the the other two players.
My post was to focus on the the health of Warren and my frustration that he can't seem to to stay healthy long term. My guess is that Jones is being brought up because Warren may be out a while and not just a a couple of days even though he is being reported as having an "illness" not an "injury".

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My post was to focus on the the health of Warren and my frustration that he can't seem to to stay healthy long term. My guess is that Jones is being brought up because Warren may be out a while and not just a a couple of days even though he is being reported as having an "illness" not an "injury".
Why would they say that? There is no point in saying illness over injury. There has to be a REASON for a conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would they say that? There is no point in saying illness over injury. There has to be a REASON for a conspiracy.

Mono?????? That's an illness that could keep you shelved a while or valley fever.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think they plan on focusing Bender on playing the PF / C spots according to McD I believe (someone in the front office mentioned that).

Tucker and Warren have played big in small lineups. I think Bender will do very well in those situations since he moves well, can guard the perimeter and hit shots from outside. It depends on lineups off course.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You may very well be correct because Warren is still out for tonight's game against the Wizards.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Warren from a Paul Coro article at azcentral.

Suns small forward T.J. Warren’s health absence is expected to last a few weeks in what a Wednesday team release termed as a “minor head injury.”

Warren, 23, has not been with the team since leaving Friday night’s game at Indiana due to illness. He went to a hospital for treatment and testing in Indianapolis. He has missed the past three Suns games, including Wednesday’s win at Orlando. He is officially “out indefinitely” but is expected to make a full recovery.

Suns center Tyson Chandler, who has been on bereavement leave, is expected to rejoin the team for the upcoming three-game homestand that starts Friday against Minnesota.

Does anyone know how Warren received the injury?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...p-up-defense-win-over-orlando-magic/94370846/

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Illness to minor head injury...sounds suspicious.
Good point. There is a difference, of course, between an illness and a head injury. Out weeks ... or indefinitely ... deserves a better explanation.

Of course, what I don't like (not to the surprise of most of you) is another Head Coach resorting to a 3-Guard lineup. Indefinitely? Here we go again. Playing mind games this time with DBooker, bumping potentially the best player on our roster out of position. Oh when will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good point. There is a difference, of course, between an illness and a head injury. Out weeks ... or indefinitely ... deserves a better explanation.

Of course, what I don't like (not to the surprise of most of you) is another Head Coach resorting to a 3-Guard lineup. Indefinitely? Here we go again. Playing mind games this time with DBooker, bumping potentially the best player on our roster out of position. Oh when will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?
A concussion can have flu-like symptoms to begin with, so I could see that. But a better explanation IS in order.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers for TJ. Hope it's nothing serious.

Yeah, the three guard lineup... It's so Kafkaesque. Hopelessly doing the same mistake over and over. Good news though is that the bench will outperform the starters so hopefully we'll see a lot of A1, Ulis, Bender, Dudley and Barbosa. They're playing better as a team than the two rock and roll hero combo guards, "Brandon" Booker, "Ghost Hands" Chriss and on-again, off-again Len. I'm not mentioning Tucker.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a concussion but I don't know why they wouldn't say as much. I know the NFL has had serious concussion issues but the NBA is completely different. Hopefully things work out and he's back soon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Warren discusses his injury status in an article from Paul Coro at azcentral dated 11-25-16.

Warren was no more specific about the type of “minor head injury” he suffered since leaving the Nov. 18 game against the Pacers feeling ill. He said is “a couple weeks” away from resuming basketball activity.

“I was feeling under the weather,” Warren said. “I went to the hospital and they ran some tests. And then everything came back fine. Just a little minor head injury that I had. I should be all right.
See link below for more.

Warren reportedly said it was not a concussion.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...tj-warren-expects-fine-couple-weeks/94440128/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Warren discusses his injury status in an article from Paul Coro at azcentral dated 11-25-16.

Warren was no more specific about the type of “minor head injury” he suffered since leaving the Nov. 18 game against the Pacers feeling ill. He said is “a couple weeks” away from resuming basketball activity.

“I was feeling under the weather,” Warren said. “I went to the hospital and they ran some tests. And then everything came back fine. Just a little minor head injury that I had. I should be all right.
See link below for more.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...tj-warren-expects-fine-couple-weeks/94440128/

Just came here to post the same thing. Weird injury. Hope all is well. After reading this I can't help but think of Bosh and his health issues. Not sure if this is similar but who knows.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just came here to post the same thing. Weird injury. Hope all is well. After reading this I can't help but think of Bosh and his health issues. Not sure if this is similar but who knows.

I don't think their health issues are the same but I can understand why Chris Bosh came to mind. Often I think how the basketball career of Len Bias came to a tragic end. Life is so uncertain.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

See link below for more.

Minor head injury, not a concussion. Post-traumatic vertigo? Can be caused by ear or neck damage.