Titans meeting with Bettcher

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think that would be a good spot for Bettcher, working with Mike Vrabel. Imagine this---Bettch was hired to replace Todd Bowles and now he might be hired to replace Dick LeBeau. Those are some tough acts to follow.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is also meeting with the Giants in Mobile at the Senior Bowl. He might work well with Shurmur who is an offensive oriented HC.

Kent Somers‏Verified account@kentsomers
As others have reported, James Bettcher interviewing with Titans, Giants today in Mobile. Something could happen soon with him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that would be a good spot for Bettcher, working with Mike Vrabel. Imagine this---Bettch was hired to replace Todd Bowles and now he might be hired to replace Dick LeBeau. Those are some tough acts to follow.
I'm not thrilled with the way ownership treated Mularkey.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Kind of crazy.

Horton - Bowles - Bettcher

Horton - LeBeau - Bettcher

Ray Horton has had some rough luck. Still remember that one year for the Cardinals where Ray Horton had the best QB's in the league befuddled all season long. It was insane.

Well, good luck to Bettcher, where ever he lands.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this guy is going to surprise people down the road the same way inexperienced AJ Hinch did. He is smart and organized. I think another DC job is critical for him to get out from under BA and Pagano.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Bettcher will get better, he has a great opportunity to build on what he knows and learn

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I'm not Bettcher's biggest fan. But the flak he gets in here is ridiculous. He coached a very good defense and developed some nice talent. Not afraid to dial up a big blitz when it matters. For sure he has some things to learn but in general I think he'll be around as DC for a long time in the NFL, maybe get a crack at HC some time down the road. Arians said Bowles would make a great HC, and Bowles has proven him right. Bettcher might follow.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not Bettcher's biggest fan. But the flak he gets in here is ridiculous. He coached a very good defense and developed some nice talent. Not afraid to dial up a big blitz when it matters. For sure he has some things to learn but in general I think he'll be around as DC for a long time in the NFL, maybe get a crack at HC some time down the road. Arians said Bowles would make a great HC, and Bowles has proven him right. Bettcher might follow.
He may be down the road. Not ready yet IMO. Glad he wasn’t the choice here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA