Time to trade David Johnson

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
Let Edmonds compete against David Johnson

from what I’m seeing out of DJ it’s not going to be much of a competition. DJs turning into a waste of a roster slot. I expect his performance to decline with demotion. Lol. He just wants his guaranteed cash before walking.

Anyways, my theory is bring in cheap hungry guys and rotate them.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Lost in all this is that DJ is capable of getting downfield and making big yardage catches. Neither of the other 2 backs have shown the ability to run mid & deep routes. I think the Cards are weaker without this element in their offense especially on third down.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Lost in all this is that DJ is capable of getting downfield and making big yardage catches. Neither of the other 2 backs have shown the ability to run mid & deep routes. I think the Cards are weaker without this element in their offense especially on third down.
This. He is like a WR or athletic TE that smoothly glides downfield, finds creases and beats almost every LB one vs one. He can't be 100% healthy if he isn't even used in that capacity. Drake has solid hands for a RB as well, but he is more of a screen and quick dumpoff RB. DJ is a much more sophisticated route runner and has WR background. I quite like the formation where Murray lines up in between them. Can motion one of them out, or use one as a lead blocker, or go 5 wide despite 2 RBs on the field - all of which puts the defense in a bind.

Hopefully DJ can gain some momentum heading into 2020. Too expensive to be cut or traded for at least another year, so we have to keep rooting for him that he gets close to his normal form. Overpaid or not, he is a weapon that should be used on offense. We have seen that Edmonds and Drake will do just fine from a rushing perspective, but DJ could be used in other ways.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We can almost use him as a TE in that capacity but seems pretty clear Kliff is not happy with him at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA