Timberwolves @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-29-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were a ton of offensive screens tonight, more than I recall in a long while.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant provides spacing for that Alley Oop pass to Ayton from Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
We won by team defense. Okogie is the main reason that caused a lot of position changes to our favor, but our team D was on point together. Aside from a couple lapses, DA was also very good on D and protected the basket quite well. Payne, Byombo, Warren were steady and solid. Craig filled his role with more calm. Plus the streaky Ross, this should be the set rotation for playoffs, with more veteran savvy guys Warren and Ross replacing Shamet and Lee. KD won't shoot that bad that often. Very satisfying win indeed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton says Kevin Durant was excited for tonight's game and a little fatigued as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great win.

Were we in control all game? Did it ever feel like it was going to go south at any point?
We were down 10 at one point in the third quarter. Suns came out without much sense of urgency and KD couldn’t throw it in the ocean. We got back to playing Suns basketball which was a welcomed site.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Book was great in the first half, but Player of the Game was definitely CP3. Wonder if KD's presence will allow him to get more mid-range looks. He didn't have the classic assist numbers, but man his shot looked good.
I thought CP3 won the game. Every time the Wolves were close he responded with a clutch bucket. He kept control of the game. I've come to the conclusion that as long as CP3 is good in the fourth, I don't care if he's trash in quarters 1-3.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This was tough, gritty win for sure. Forgetting the continued softness of Ayton, CP3 truly led the team to the W.
So the big question that lingers is: Can Chris Paul somehow provide that type of production, high-level of play and leadership throughout the post season?
He hasn’t yet since he joined the Suns…

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were down 10 at one point in the third quarter. Suns came out without much sense of urgency and KD couldn’t throw it in the ocean. We got back to playing Suns basketball which was a welcomed site.

Holy crap our coach actually called a timeout in the 3rd to stop the run they were making. Monty COTY again!

Ayton had an impressive performance, impressively bad...

Zero bbIQ. He's getting by on sheer height and being mobile at that length. Other than that, as usual (what else can be said or hasnt been said) he's out of position, doesn't body, doesn't anticipate anything, and doesn't position himself to be there for easier finishes near the rim.

Booker was amazing again, the behind the backboard shot was just crazy. KD will come around, he's KD. The only thing I noticed is that there seemed to be no plan for bench minutes considering KD was back but maybe that was attributed to KD's minute restrictions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose