Suns 113 - Timberwolves 101

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns improve to 27-13. Lakers visit on Sunday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty told the players he wanted to handle the referees. :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good bounce back. For everyone but Ayton and saric. Book was prettt bad, but gets a pass for carrying us last night. Bench showed big.

but showing warts since returned from all star break. Have to get their ish together for Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of funny comments from the above linked article.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

"If Coach Monty is getting riled up, it must be something legitimate," Booker said. "I don't know what he got thrown out for. He doesn't say a curse word. I don't know what it could've been."

------------------------------------------------------

"I was trying to remember if he ever got ejected back in New Orleans," said Paul, who played for Williams for one season (2010-11) there. "I don't think that ever happened."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...echnical-ejection-suns-head-coach/4777787001/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the explanation for Monty's ejection.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

Head referee Kane Fitzgerald explained after the game the two techs and ejection.

First technical: “During the timeout Monty came out to complain about the officiating and received a warning. He continued to complain after the warning and that’s when he received the technical foul.”

Second technical: “After walking away it looks like he decided to continue to complain again and kind of came after the official at center court and that was enough to get ejected with his second technical foul.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...echnical-ejection-suns-head-coach/4777787001/

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feel zzz round half damn work lol

Awesome comeback w watching highlights look like payne and bridges did well not sure why payne reminds me tiny bit of shawn marion also Galloway looked like did well

Did monty get ejected last night?

Honestly shocked wolves struggling so much i like the roster and edwards has great potential

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome comeback w watching highlights look like payne and bridges did well not sure why payne reminds me tiny bit of shawn marion also Galloway looked like did well

Yes. I think it surprised the Suns players. They were wondering what Monty said if he didn't use profanity.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes. I think it surprised the Suns players. They were wondering what Monty said if he didn't use profanity.
Yea he seems like a booker personality pretty quiet never see him get upset much but i could see him getting upset not wanting to get swept by wolves in 2 gms at home be embarrassing

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea he seems like a booker personality pretty quiet never see him get upset much but i could see him getting upset not wanting to get swept by wolves in 2 gms at home be embarrassing

The referees seemed to take Booker out of his game with some non-calls and then a technical. It looked like he got flustered. He tried to ignore it but he was clearly being knocked off his game by the physical play the referees allowed against him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finishes with 8 points.

Great job kid.

If you noticed, personal fouls played a role. It's been an issue for awhile. Ayton finished with a +12.

Suns need to find a way to keep him on the court.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Book shooting 31% from 3 his last 10 games. For a guy who you couldn’t ask for better shooting mechanics he sure goes streaky from deep. #nitpick

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book shooting 31% from 3 his last 10 games. For a guy who you couldn’t ask for better shooting mechanics he sure goes streaky from deep. #nitpick

His mechanics are excellent but his selection is often questionable. Those poor attempts from 35 feet at the end of quarters in an attempt to get 2 for 1's virtually guarantee 1 miss a game plus he usually jacks up 1 or 2 other "heat check" type runners from distance that never seem to go in either. If he eliminated those 2 types of attempts then his 3pt % would probably be around 40% because that would be 2-3 fewer misses a game, as well as attempts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you noticed, personal fouls played a role. It's been an issue for awhile. Ayton finished with a +12.

Suns need to find a way to keep him on the court.
Maybe having Ayton play better and not pick up fouls would help? There’s no sugar coating the last two games. The problem in both for Ayton was . . . Ayton.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe having Ayton play better and not pick up fouls would help? There’s no sugar coating the last two games. The problem in both for Ayton was . . . Ayton.

He's really played poorly since the All Star Break. I'd be tempted to give him a pass given the birth of his son but his decline started several weeks earlier. That can maybe still be explained away but we're talking about someone who has already disappeared even during his stronger stretches.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe Ayton improves, maybe he doesn't but when he is the Suns only starting big man his every mistake is magnified.

Ayton is at least trying to play defense. We may have to be patient until he figures it out.

Getting into foul trouble is real problem for him this season.

Depending upon Ayton and Saric to carry the load inside every night is too much to ask. If one of them gets into foul trouble the Suns are hurting.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Towns says what was that. :p

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If the Suns are in a important game you can put Paul down for 20+ points. Sometimes I think he wants others to win it for the team instead of taking control.
It seams some of these teams are really gunning for the Suns because of the record.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns are in a important game you can put Paul down for 20+ points. Sometimes I think he wants others to win it for the team instead of taking control.
It seams some of these teams are really gunning for the Suns because of the record.

I think you nailed it. The Suns are not used to have every team gunning for them. Opponents are bringing their A game.

Chris Paul likes to get teammates going first.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I love after every game it’s the same comments about Aston ever since he started playing. It’s what it is guys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose