Timberwolves @ Suns Friday game thread 1-28-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Because the moments of Booker tries to take over the game are very real but also 3/4 of the game he is a willing passer and is hyper efficient
Absolutely. But that’s now how he started his career. He’s grown by leaps and bounds in that regard. So a lapse now and again when book thinks things are bogging down wouldn’t be outta the question.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So either you believe Booker intentionally goes against his coaches plan at times

Or..

He is doing what is expected of him to the best of his ability
I don’t think it’s a defiance thing. But I do believe Monty likely gives book and Paul a lot of leeway on the court.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
From my end, I feel Booker is the #1 or #2 best player on the team but is held to a different standard to everyone except maybe Ayton.

He can shoot 60% and there a vocal few that still wonder why it's not 70 or 80 percent
He is held to a different standard because he’s the #1 or #2 guy. Those guys should be held to higher standards. And truth is, the criticism he gets in this board isn’t really much different than ayton, Bridges (since his offense headed south), shamet, stix during his brief minutes prior to showing out lately. Chris is kinda the only one beyond reproach and that’s (a) because he’s maybe the most consistent player I’ve ever seen; and (b) he still got crap last year during the playoffs when his arms were falling off. Players - all players - have bad moments. Pointing them out isn’t that big a deal imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think almost every fan on the Suns forum agrees with the first paragraph although it may not sound like it reading a game thread.

Devin Booker and Chris Paul are the Suns franchise players although they have some good to excellent players that surround them. I'm not seeing anyone wanting to trade them.

When a player makes a mistake or has a bad game it's natural to discuss it. That doesn't mean fans on the forum have disowned them. Fans are going to react to almost every play good or bad.

When I visit the Cardinals forum on game day I see the same type of overly critical views of players especially during losses. I think it goes with the territory.
Exactly. There’s no player on any team that’s beyond criticism.