Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tim-tebow-pursue-career-professional-baseball

Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN broadcaster Tim Tebow is actively pursuing a career in professional baseball and plans to hold a workout for Major League Baseball teams later this month, according to his agents Jimmy Sexton and Nick Khan.

For almost the past year, Tebow has been training in Arizona and Los Angeles to hone his hitting and fielding skills in a sport he has not played on a full-time basis since 2005.

Tebow was an all-state baseball player in Florida that year and hit .494 as a junior, helping Nease High School reach the final four of the Florida state playoffs.

"Obviously we support Tim in his pursuit of a baseball career, as we have in all his ventures," said Sexton, Tebow's football agent, who is now working with CAA baseball agent Brodie Van Wagenen.

Tebow had a tryout with the Los Angeles Dodgers before this season, sources tell ESPN's Darren Rovell. A scout was present for the workout, and the team showed interest in Tebow afterward, the sources said.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not if he think he can do it. I do find it funny that he refused to change positions in the NFL, but will change sports all together instead.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
He's having an open workout tomorrow.

Bet the Broncos are sending a scout. :mrgreen:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You would figure he would be a P, he played QB (albeit an inaccurate one). He has the size (6'3 245), he's a lefty....man if he could pitch.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for him. I am actually pulling for him to make it to the majors one day. The guys has always worked his tail off and been nothing but a stand up guy. Even though I don't agree with his beliefs, but at least he actually follows what he believes. I wish there were more people with his work ethic and drive in this world.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Good for him. I am actually pulling for him to make it to the majors one day. The guys has always worked his tail off and been nothing but a stand up guy. Even though I don't agree with his beliefs, but at least he actually follows what he believes. I wish there were more people with his work ethic and drive in this world.

Its a clown show by the Mets. He won't sniff AA.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is about him but I just want that guy to succeed. I share zero with him in terms of his faith/religion and I can't help but like him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He makes it to AA, I choose your Avatar for 90 days. If he doesn't with in the next two season, you choose mine.

I don't think you get it. He's playing part time pro baseball so he can still have his SEC Network job. Why would you bet on a liar who says he's 100% committed to baseball?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you get it. He's playing part time pro baseball so he can still have his SEC Network job. Why would you bet on a liar who says he's 100% committed to baseball?

So you aren't taking the bet?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tim Tebow to play in Arizona Fall League
Tebow will report Sunday to the Scottsdale Scorpions.

The AFL season begins Oct. 11, with Tebow's squad opening at Glendale at 3:35 p.m. ET.

Mets farmhands will be paired with prospects from the Diamondbacks, Yankees, Phillies and Giants on the Scottsdale team. Mets first base/outfield coach Tom Goodwin is expected to manage the Scorpions once New York's playoff run is complete.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17714554/tim-tebow-play-arizona-fall-league

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave