Tim Tebow to AZ?

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Fun Topic Alert
If hes released by the Jets he can be had at a very fair price. He's a class act that can come in and immediately be the #2 QB and be utilized in a variety of ways on offense and special teams. He has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. If coming out in this years draft he would grade out pretty high amongst the rookie QBs. Disclaimer- im not saying he's brought in and annointed the starting QB but given a chance to prove himself and compete for a roster spot.

As a bonus all the national media will be pro Cardinals, we will get a ton of nationally televised games in 2013, and kids across the world will be wearing his Cardinal jersey :)

Your thoughts?????

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's all we need is a QB that can't throw... to go with Whiz's system. :D Then we can go get some receivers who can't catch since Tebow can't toss the ball. Heck, we'll just call them blockers at that point, and make them an extension of our crappy O-line. Sounds great!!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take him. Turn him into an RB and use him as a backup QB. (Which means he'd be the starting QB by week 3 but with what we've had lately I could live with that.)

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Jesus H. Christ no.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Timmy - Tebow? Really?

The upside is that he has the athleticism, size and leadership ability to maybe help a team somehow.

The downside is that he hasn't yet mastered what it takes to be an NFL quarterback, may never master the position and (through no apparent fault of his own) could be a distraction and divisive element inside the lockerroom.

Worth the risk? Mmmmmmm...no.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Career completion percentages:

Ryan Lindley: 51.1%
Tim Tebow: 47.9%

Umm, no thanks.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We already have enough crappy QBs on this team. Don't need another..

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Tim Tebow wildcat offense would be more productive than what we are running now. Sad, but true.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
We already have 3 QBs that can't hit the side of a barn. We need a QB that throw catchable passes!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What the guy pimping Tebow say on the radio today? Something like "knock Tebow all you want but wherever he plays the teams find a way to win.

The Cards would probably be 8-6 right now if Tebow had come in when Kolb got hurt.

:D

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
Don't judge his stint in the jets. They don't know how to use him. I would really like him here to compete. I think the cards would actually have drafted him had the broncos not jump the spot in front of us to get him.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Fun Topic Alert
If hes released by the Jets he can be had at a very fair price. He's a class act that can come in and immediately be the #2 QB and be utilized in a variety of ways on offense and special teams. He has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. If coming out in this years draft he would grade out pretty high amongst the rookie QBs. Disclaimer- im not saying he's brought in and annointed the starting QB but given a chance to prove himself and compete for a roster spot.

As a bonus all the national media will be pro Cardinals, we will get a ton of nationally televised games in 2013, and kids across the world will be wearing his Cardinal jersey :)

Your thoughts?????

Yah, look how good this exact thought process worked for the NYJ this year.

Bringing in Tebow could be the worst thing this franchise could do. Might as well just bring back the immortal Max Hall.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd rather have Matt Barkley than Tebow and I think I've let my feelings be known about Barkley.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'd rather have Tebow than Vick, at least in Tebow's case I wouldn't have to suspend my allegiance to the team while he was occupying a roster spot.

To be clear though, I do not want him here and don't think he offers any answers to our offensive problems.