Tiger Woods to receive Medal of Freedom?

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Rivercard, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Looks like he fits right in with the Trump clan............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lawyers say Tiger Woods' restaurant destroyed evidence to hide guilt

Tiger Woods and his girlfriend Erica Herman were officially named in a wrongful death suit less than a day ago and already there’s an additional accusation on the table.

Lawyers for the family of Nicholas Immesberger, who are suing Woods and Herman over Immesberger’s death, are accusing Woods, Herman, or someone at Woods’ restaurant of destroying video evidence. Immesberger was a bartender at The Woods, which Herman runs, until he was killed in a car accident in December 2018 after leaving the bar intoxicated and getting behind the wheel. The family is alleging that after his shift that night, Immesberger was over-served by other staff at The Woods, and it was the responsibility of Woods and Herman to prevent that from happening.

Spencer Kuvin, one of the lawyers for Immesberger’s family, spoke to ESPN about video footage of Immesberger drinking at the bar, which they believe the restaurant destroyed.

"One of the most significant issues we have here is the destruction of evidence. Obviously it shows that somebody knew something had gone wrong and they wanted to get rid of that evidence. We have evidence to show that that videotape, showing Nick at the bar that night after he got off at 3 p.m., drinking for three hours at the bar, was destroyed shortly after the crash had occurred.

"So we have through our investigation uncovered evidence to show that the bar knew what happened, they knew about the crash that night and shortly thereafter that video evidence was destroyed and deleted off the servers they had there at The Woods."

https://sports.yahoo.com/lawyers-sa...ySDpSEy27skmXBLt4cs-dHEj2Uq0ecyKB8B7mVRIdoWGl

2. nashman

nashman Registered User

To be fair Tiger has donated and given many millions of dollars to multiple charities. Read an article recently that he gave over 12 million to one charity alone in 2012. People make mistakes and he clearly has made some in his personal life but hardly the first guy to cheat on a spouse! He honestly has done more for people than many on that list. People like to hate on him but it’s ignorant and judgmental people that only focus on the few negatives in his personal life rather than the millions of people he has helped and multiple charities he has given crazy money to. Not to mention the large amount of his personal time given to his multiple charities to help children and more. Geesh the guy cheats on his wife and you forget all the good he does?

3. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Count me as happy that Tiger turned things around. However, doesn’t change the fact that for Trump awarding the medal it was nothing more than a token photo op.

UncleChris likes this.
  4. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

Trump doesn’t appreciate or recognize good people. Anything he chooses to do needs to fill some immediate self serving need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleChris likes this.
  5. nashman

nashman Registered User

Agreed, I was simply stating among the list, of course Tiger deserved to be there and probably would have been awarded this regardless at some point. People debating whether Tiger deserved this honor and bashing him for his transgressions is just ridiculous imo.

6. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There are a bunch of people out there that have just as many accolades but WITHOUT the transgressions. What makes them less worthy?

UncleChris likes this.
  7. nashman

nashman Registered User

Please name a few people that have achieved his level of worldwide domination of a sport while also doing tremendous amounts of charitable work... I’ll wait...
    He is likely one of the most famous and recognized athletes the world has ever seen, not sure of all these other people you refer to that have done anything remotely similar.

8. Chaplin

Do you think sport is the only place to have accomplishments?

9. nashman

nashman Registered User

Maybe the millions and millions upon millions of charitable contributions is more than just sport? Never mind haters gonna hate, hate on, but the award stands and a well deserved person received it, compared to many on the list as I said. And I still see no names of all the well deserved others you mentioned?

10. Chaplin

Well, I'm not going to open your eyes, so we'll leave it at that. I don't need to give you any names, if you don't think those names even exist, then your blinders are stronger than I thought.

11. nashman

nashman Registered User

Has nothing to do with opening anyone’s eyes. Tiger is a once in a lifetime athlete that has done many charitable things as well as change the face of the sport over the last 25 years. He is as well deserved of the honor as anyone in the world! Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t make it a bad choice. I hate Trump probably more than anyone but this is not something he got wrong.

Linderbee likes this.